Lovely Crime | The Wrath of Darkness |

Chapter 25

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Her Hair flew back as soon as the breeze of New Zealand greeted her, she smiled as she feels the warm hard concrete beneath her feet that she grew upon with, she stared at the sky in amuse as the clouds pass by her in slow motion.

She exited the plane gate and onto the lobby, strolling her luggage that looked much more heavier than her, "Jennie!" A well-dressed woman yelled from afar waving at her with a huge smile plastered on her face as she sees her looking back at her.

Jennie's smile beamed across the room as she runs dragging her luggage along with her, she let go of her luggage as she reached the person and hugs her tightly, "Aww... I missed you a lot mom!" She hugged her mom clutching onto the thick denim fabric of her mother's Jacket, her mother did the same with a wide grin who can't wait to tell her daughter the news.

"So how was Korea?" Her mom asked helping her with her bags, Jennie rolled her eyes "Same the last time I went, I guess? How about here?" She asked as they walked to the parking lot and placed her bags in their Black shiny car that left no spots on.

"Here? Same place, nothing really happened after you left for 10 months... But, I got some good news for you!" Her mom exclaimed as they hop in before wearing their seatbelts, Jennie continued to listen to her mom waiting for her announcement.

Her mom started to drive going through familiar routes, "So... Do you like it there?" Her mom questioned, Jennie looked up at her and smiled, "Yes I do! It actually feels more than home there... I was like 5 when I last lived there." She replied, keeping her eyes on the road that had greens everywhere which she is a very big fan of, and behind those trees was the unlimited sight of the ocean that the sun shine upon.

"Well, guess what... I got us a flight booked for next week, our papers are ready, our things are packed and especially, we have a house!" Her mom announced excitedly, her pupils widened as her lips turned from ear to ear, "Mom, are you serious?!" Her mom nodded while keeping her eyes on the road, "Yes I am, because I thought of you going back and forth from here to Korea it would be a waste of money, might as well just save that big amount."

"Mom is this a prank? Cause everyone knows about April Fools..." She says putting her phone down, her mom laughed at her shooking her head pulling off in their garage, "Jennie when did I ever lie to you?" Her mom said, Jennie was taken a back, her head rushed through her brother, when did she start lying?

"Uh... Um, I don't know mom..." She replied blinking a couple of times as that smile fades away from her lips, "See? I never did!" Her mom exclaimed getting off their car, Jennie felt that huge lump on her chest as she stares of their stainless garage door, "Jennie, aren't you gonna help me?" Her mom cut her thoughts off, Jennie looked back at the opened trunk to see her mom carrying two bags, she got off and helped her mom by grabbing her big luggage.

She went in the house to see each corner spotless and polished, the table was filled with food for lunch all Jennie's favorite placed on the table, then she noticed a girl "Joohyun?!" She placed her luggage beside the couch and went to the dining room, "You're here! Finally!" Joohyun hugged her with her cooking gloves, she slides it off after she pulled away from Jennie

"Look at you! Fresh from Korea!" Joohyun teased, Jennie rolled her eyes after seeing she hasn't changed at all, Jennie chuckled going along with her "Let's eat kids!" Jennie's mom yelled, as she sets the plates onto the table.