Chapter 50

Aimee

"Salve, mi amice vetus," said Lilith swaying her hips as she walked over to stand next to the quivering mess of Beelzebub.

Latin...Hello, my old friend...is she patronising me?

Aimee scowled back and bit her bottom lip, shifting her weight from one foot to the other, nervously, watching one of the most dangerous women ever created.

"It has been quite a while, hasn't it? White witch! How I have missed you and your Pius's head...I just want to rip it off your shoulders and shove it up your ass!"

Lilith spun her weapons expertly in each hand, grinning and not taking her black evil stare off Aimee, her alluring voice, continuing to taunt her.

"How do you strut around in this world so blind to everything around you, princess, but still expect the world to bend to your will? You are so much...Michael's vessel. Alike in spirit and mind, all brawn and no brains." She giggled at her wit and abruptly stopped as if noticing Beelzebub for the first time next to her. He whimpered under her gaze.

She crinkled up her nose in disgust, as she tilted her head to the side and nodded in agreement as if listening to a voice in her head. Her ink-like eyes opened wide in sudden realization and she brushed a pink tongue across her lips trembling openly as if in euphoria.

Aimee watched the scene in total confused awe, gripping her weapon tighter and settling into a more defensive stance, ready and waiting. Lilith was renowned for her expertise in a fight, especially with her death blades. Black curved short swords that absorbed the light like a black hole. Eating away light, only leaving a deep nothingness.

Aimee shot a gaze up at Lilith's face and caught the Arch-Daemon staring back at her with those evil black feline eyes. She smirked at Aimee, as if reading her mind and in one graceful movement decapitated Beelzebub, his deformed head falling to the stone floor as his body dropped, silent in his black fluid.

Only a single heartbeat passed and Aimee snapped her gaze up to Lilith's face and she openly smiled back, as if nothing was amiss, a face so serene so heavenly innocent. Aimee lowered her eyes and watched as Beelzebub disintegrated and melted, imploding from within. The sight was so disgusting and horrifying that Aimee refused to turn away, to let Lilith win. Aimee ignored the vomiting of Tiff behind her and stared until all that was left of Beelzebub was a mass of dark inky meat in his blood.

With that beautiful serene angel face, Lilith shifted her stance and stared down at the black mess on the stone floor and laughed, a sound so captivating that Aimee clenched her teeth and griped Ardour hard in her hand.

"Uncle Bee...was a disgrace. Papa and my brother Belial weren't happy with his allegiance with Baal," she said, her tone was so matter-of-fact like Aimee and Lilith were chatting over coffee. She crouched down and dipped a finger in the pulsating black mess and brought it to her mouth. Sucking the juices off like an ice lolly and moaning in pleasure.

"Tasty," she said her eyes focusing back on Aimee. Her smile was again contagious, as Aimee fought the allure.

"I see I still haunt your dreams...white witch! Like a newborn babe, it is so easy to read you, the fears, your desires, my little lost one. Your eyes are a clear portal to your heart. The innocence, the lust bubbling within." Lilith laughed and rolled her eyes at Aimee, spinning away, sheathing her weapons on her back. The black leather was strapped like an x from shoulder to hip. The weapon sheath material was intricately covered in runes and patterns of the foul Daemon language of Hell.

Lilith fluffed and ruffled her long heavenly blond hair as she casually wandered over to the huge gaping hole in the wall that Beelzebub had smashed through and trailed a hand over the stone, shifting her head to the side again, as if listening. Her voice chimed and lured Aimee as she spoke.

"You need to go, I can feel the time is pressing, and you and your friends must be quick. Baal is manifesting some powerful shit in the hidden chapel of the Chosen." Lilith said, peering over her shoulder towards the hidden opening in the food larder. A crooked evil smile slipped on her face as she glanced at Aimee.

Aimee frowned at her words and shifted her stance again, ready. Trusting a Daemon, let alone an Arch-daemon like Lilith was like trusting your hand would not burn in a fire.

"So don't let me stop you...if you want to go, just leave, I can finish up here." Lilith crossed her arms under her breasts and licked her lips hungrily, focusing her black feline gaze on Tiff and Bex.

"They can stay and help me clean up if you like. I know you prefer to work alone." The words were so casual and matter fact that Aimee almost believed her. Lilith even nodded towards the fallen broom and pan in the far corner.

Until now Aimee had been content to remain silent and wait.

"No!" The word came out hard and sharp. Lilith raised an eyebrow at the tone. A second later, a small warm hand slipped into hers and another gently squeezed her left shoulder, as Bex and Tiff moved up to Aimee's side.

"Ahh, it speaks...and...I see your friends do not want to stay and play. Never mind, today my wee lambs...is not our day to dance. Another time perhaps...I have more important matters to attend to anyway, and you, I believe have yours." She nodded towards the larder to go and Aimee grabbed hold of Tiff and Bex's hands and the three of them shuffled over to the hidden opening.

Aimee kept her eyes locked onto Lilith's as the Daemon tilted her head as if listening again. Her evil gaze lingered on Aimee as she blew a kiss and giggled like a child in a sweet shop when Aimee retorted with a snarl, truly unsure of what to do.

Could she...no should she, just leave an Arch-daemon to roam free unhindered. Wasn't it her task to fight evil? Lilith stared back daring Aimee as if reading her mind and threw her head back and laughed a deep guttural laugh this time, causing Aimee's stomach to churn and her skin to crawl. She made a step towards the blond bitch, only for a strong grip on her arm to pull her back.

"Aimee, no, leave her, we do not have time. Take the olive branch while we can," pleaded Bex. Aimee glanced over her shoulder and saw Tiff's golden gaze in the darkness of the opening and Bex next to her, the Priestess trying hard to hide the pain she suffered from her injuries.

Aimee clucked her tongue and grimaced at her friend. If only Emma was here to heal Bex or anyone from the Raphael order for that matter. Aimee nodded reluctantly leaving Lilith's mad laughter behind. Lilith's musical voice followed Aimee into the darkness

"Hurry lost one, hurry, my brother Baal has found his secret weapon," squealed Lilith in pure ecstasy. "Ha, I know his plan now, the Lord of Death has been found and he has returned from his slumber! Hurry white witch, hurry to your doom!"

Aimee pushed on, teeth clenched storming past the girls, not waiting to see if Bex and Tiff followed. The corruption reeked before her, an evil so pure as it was terrifying, was manifesting below and Aimee needed to stop it - out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Forgive me Father...for I have sinned...