Chapter 15

Ash

All he could do was stare, into those icy blue eyes.

Though he also studied the face, devouring every little detail.

It was Emma, but that was where the similarity ended. Emma aired an aura of self-control, elegance and sensitivity, this other woman, exuded recklessness and chaos, with an undeniable aggressive glint in her eye.

The woman in front of him always got what she wanted; if she didn't, she would do whatever it took to get it. Even her clothes reeked of anti-establishment. Thick-soled black Dr Martin boots with ripped faded jeans and a tightly cut t-shirt with the rock band Alter Bridge printed on the front, the neckline cut low to reveal ample cleavage. At her wrists were interwoven black and brown leather bracelets and a single earring in her left ear, the only sign of glamour, a deep blue Sapphire set in a thin silver setting.

"You know it's rude to stare...but I don't mind, as long as I can stare back," she said, her smirk switching to a full-blown smile as she studied him, openly looking him up and down. Ash's cheeks burned and he lost the courage and dropped her gaze.

How can she make me feel so naked...

"What's his problem, have these two House Gabriel bitch's damaged him?" she added, standing up and turning to Anna and Jayne, placing her hands on her hips. Her voice was alluring, deep, with a soft husk, nothing like Emma's musical melodies.

He glanced over his shoulder at Emma and back at her twin, completely bewildered by what was real and what wasn't again.

This is a real mind fuck...

The crystal flared up against his skin forcing Ash to spin towards Aimee who raised an eyebrow at a scowling Jayne. Anna gaped from Emma's sister to Jayne, unsure of what to do, moving from one foot to the other. Jayne's eyes flickered and changed to blue fire as she edged forwards to attack Aimee.

"Oh...please...don't bother, unless you're after another beating little one!" Retorted Aimee rolling her eyes at Ash, oddly including him in the performance about to unfold.

One moment she smirked at him the next Ash filched from the sudden sound of a bone-crunching thud and a strangling cry cutting through the silence.

Emma stood up tense and poised, her eyes changing to green fire as she focused her gaze towards the sound. Ash twisted to his left to gasp in shock as her raven-haired sister pinned Jayne against the wall, by the throat.

"Don't you dare threaten me, girl! Drop it! Drop it or will I end you!" she growled into Jayne's face, whose dreadlocks had fallen forwards to hide her eyes, leaving an unnatural blue shadow of light. She openly trembled, her large lips snarling, exposing teeth in defiance, stubbornly refusing to release the handle of her glowing knife. Anna lunged at Aimee but doubled over with a groan when she met a boot in her stomach.

"And for you...you should know better Anna! I trained you to be true to the Order and yourself, to always respect your superiors...and you repay me with this!"

Anna staggered away, holding her stomach and an expression of guilt and shame on her face. She reached over her shoulder for her sword and came away with an empty hand.

"After this?" said Aimee, flicking her wrist, a pale white dagger thud into the carpet floor between Anna's feet.

"Please Aimee, I'm sorry, but you're killing her! Please...we were only following orders!" pleaded Anna.

"Who's...Who's orders!?" snapped Aimee.

"Please let her go!" pleaded Anna, looking at Emma for help.

Emma narrowed her Emerald gaze at Jayne and crossed her arms under her breasts, uninterested in Anna's desperation.