Chapter 57

Unknown

A small creature counted to 1000 before sneaking out of the shadows, and its hidey-hole. It had watched the Holy scum stop its master and his plan and it made its blood boil. It spat on the dusty stone floor of the ruined chapel.

There were times it was terrified and times when it nearly came out to end the Holy scum and taste their blood. But it was too dangerous, too exposed, it liked shadows and darkness. Sneaking was better. Take the holy scum one at a time when they least expect it. That was best.

It sprinted over to the big brown doors and peered out into the gloom checking that it was alone. It could not feel them, their bright pure blood. Pure shit. It spat again.

All was quiet and it was safe. It dashed over to the massive gaping hole, but not too close, they didn't want to fall in. It could feel the dark power calling, pulsating its raw energy. Promising power and glory. It would have the blood of the Holy and feast until it could feast no more.

I want it, I want it all...soon...soon...

It crouched low and scanned the room, letting the power of the Dark Lord seep into its veins. It sniffed the air and listened, feeling the treasure's hunger. It hungers for blood and pain.

"There," it squealed, a little too loud than they had wanted to, but they quickly scampered over to a pile of masonry, and frantically started moving stone, and rock, recklessly digging for the treasure.

"Yes!, I have you!"

It could feel the sudden drop in temperature, the iciness, as soon as it exposed the blade. It hesitated and spat, before delicately moving the last few rocks and exposing a large dark ruby. It whispered in its ear, promising power and riches beyond belief.

Yes, I want more...I want it all...

It carefully scooped it up off the floor and puckered its dry lips and blew off the dust and soil. The black blade vibrated in its hand the ruby flashed once as it clasped the handle. It giggled and squealed in delight. The raw energy poured into it and it stood up straight and raised the weapon above its head in honour.

Time to cause some mischief. Time for revenge...and more death.