Vulnerable

Things had been going good. No threats. No break-ins. No being on lockdown at Tig's clubhouse. He spent most nights at her house once he was done for the day at the auto shop and didn't have any club business to deal with. Her business was picking up day by day. She hadn't gotten into a fight with anyone in several weeks. Things were good. Too good.

As she was locking up for the day, five skinhead looking dudes strolled over. She tried to move around them to get to her truck but they wouldn't leave. They reminded her of the goonies she'd seen with Weston but she couldn't say for sure. One pushed her knocking her into another. With a sigh, she knew it was going to be a long night. She balled her fist and punched him in the face. The guy she'd bumped into her grabbed her by both arms, holding them behind her back, so the first guy could get his licks in.

Another one took her keys out of her hand and unlocked her truck. He was told to take off making her angry. She thrashed around trying to defend herself and keep them from car jacking her. Another reached into her pocket for her phone, dropping it to the ground and stomping on it with his foot. The four remaining men just laughed as they took turns beating her. She kicked them as hard as she could which only angered them more.

One seemed to like punching her in the head where one of his rings eventually scraped across her temple. She could feel blood dripping down the side of her face. She spit at him in retaliation. Another just liked wailing on her face. Punch after punch. She spat at him too as well as kicking his knee. Another preferred punching her chest and stomach. It knocked the wind out of her every time he punched her.

As much as she thrashed around, it did no good. She watched as her truck was stolen right out from under her. She cursed at all of them, calling them pathetic losers who have to gang up on someone to be able to win a fair fight. After a while, they let her go where she dropped to the ground wheezing as she tried to breath. They laughed as they walked back to where they'd come from.

With no way to call for help, she painfully stood up and began walking towards Teller-Morrow. 'I hate these neo-nazi losers!' she sighed as she stumbled around some. It was a long walk from her shop to the auto repair shop. At least it felt that way to her. It was hard to breath. Each breathe was painful, especially when she tried to take in deep breaths. She could feel blood trickling down her face still and she wondered just how bad she looked.

Eventually she saw the sign for Teller-Morrow Automotive Repair and sighed. She knew someone would be there and hoped Chibs would one that was. Several crow eaters were showing up and eyed her suspiciously. Happy was the first to see her as she walked into the clubhouse. "What happened, little girl?" she heard him ask making Tig and Chibs turn in his direction.

"Car jacked outside the shop." She grabbed the back of a chair and leaned against it.

"Come sit down, lass. I'll get my med kit." Chibs told her as Tig walked over to help her walk, "I need a rag wit ice prospect. A clean one."

"Tell me everything." Tig commanded as they sat down.

Jax and Happy moved to hear what she had to say.

"I was just locking up. Before I could make it to the truck, five skinheads surrounded me. I couldn't get to the truck. One shoved me knocking me into another so I hit him. I was grabbed and they decided it would be a fun activity to take turns beating the shit out of me.

One guy took my phone and smashed it. Another grabbed my truck keys and took off. Find my truck, Tig. Don't let them do something with it." She explained as Chibs returned with his med kit.

"Lass, dis might 'urt some." He told her.

"I expected it." She shrugged.

"We'll find out who did this. What else can you tell us?" Jax asked.

"Reminded me a lot of the idiots who hang after Weston but I can't be one hundred percent sure. All I know is they were a bunch of skinheads." She stated as Chibs cleaned her temple making her hiss.

"We'll get to the bottom of this. Don't worry, Doll." Tig told her.

"Just get my truck back. That's all I ask." She sighed.

Jax told Tig to stay there that they would handle things. Teegan didn't fight them on whatever they were going to do. He kept rubbing circles on her back as Chibs cleaned her face and doctored any scrapes. Once she was all patched up, Tig grabbed her hand and walked out to his bike. "Come on, I'll take you home." he told her as he climbed onto his bike. She had no energy to fight so she just did as he asked and climbed on the back and wrapped her arms around his waist.

As he drove to her place, he thought about how to help keep her safe when he wasn't around. She already had a gun but that hadn't helped her tonight. He smiled when it came to him. He'd get her a guard dog. She could take it to the shop with her each day. The more he thought about it, the more he liked the idea. They arrived at her home and he parked the bike. He quickly followed her inside.

"Go take yourself a hot shower. I'll figure something out for dinner." He pushed her towards the hallway.

She just walked down the hall to her bedroom and slowly stripped. Tig wasn't much of a cook so he looked through her take-out menus to see what sounded good. Chinese didn't sound too bad so he called the number to put in their order. Beef & broccoli, orange chicken, pepper steak, sweet and sour chicken, and some fried rice. He poured her a glass of tea, took out a beer for himself, and brought their drinks into the living room.

Looking at herself in the mirror pissed her off. She couldn't defend herself. It made her feel weak and helpless and she hated both those feelings. She was starting to hate the town again despite Tig. The hot water felt good to her sore body as she stood under the spray just letting it wash over her. The fight happened so quick she didn't have time to react much. Had she gotten complacent? Normally she could sense when trouble was lurking nearby.

She sat down in the corner of the shower and cried. She hated the feeling of being vulnerable like that. All this time she'd tried to show the bikers she could look after herself and that she didn't need them. Yet as soon as she'd been jumped and beaten, she headed straight to them. Well, she went to find her boyfriend and his medic friend. Yeah, that's all she was doing. Right?

Tig stood in the doorway to the bathroom with his heart aching. She was too independent to acknowledge she needed help. Being attacked twice in her home hadn't scared her. Just pissed her off. Being attacked like this really messed with her. He didn't know what he could do for her other than wait for her to talk to him about it. If she was going to talk to him about it. Seeing her crying about the incident made his heart twist up and made him angry all at the same time. He wanted revenge on those who'd hurt her!

"Teegan? Dinner will be here in about ten minutes." He called out.

"Ok. I'll be out soon." She called back as she stood up to wash her hair.

A/N: I think we can all relate to how Teegan's feeling!

Please review and vote below!