Hard headed

Teegan thought about her options. She needed to get from the station back to her truck at the grocery station. She didn't know anyone. There was only one person whose number she had. Hating having to do it, since she didn't want to walk from the police station all the way to the grocery store, she whipped her phone out and dialed Tig's number. When an unknown number flashed on his phone, he was hesitant to take it. Something told him to answer so he cautiously did.

"Tig?" He heard Teegan state.

"Teegan? Why are you calling me? Is everything ok?" He asked making Jax look over to the SAA.

"Yeah. I, uh, I need a ride from the police station to the grocery store. Can you help me out?" She asked like she was embarrassed to ask for a favor.

"Sure, Doll. I'll be right there." Tig smiled into the phone before hanging up, "Teegan apparently needs a ride from the police station to the grocery store. Not sure what's up."

"Should be an interesting story there!" Jax laughed.

Tig quickly left and headed straight for the station. Teegan was standing outside just waiting. He parked and climbed off his bike. It was more than evident she'd been in another fight.

"What the hell happened to you?" He looked her over.

"Some young punk thought it would be a good idea to smack my ass. When I turned around to tell him to leave me alone, I found three of them standing there. Arrogant prick had the audacity to reach out and grab my tit. So I slugged him.

Things went downhill from there. He eventually pulled out a knife on me. Got me on my forearm." She shrugged.

"Let's get you to Chibs. He can look at your arm." He stated.

"My groceries are going to spoil!" She objected.

"Ok, let's head to your house then we'll go back to the clubhouse." Tig stated.

"I'm perfectly capable of looking after myself. I can clean and doctor my own wounds. It's not very deep. Just needs a good cleaning and a bandage to make sure nothing gets in it to get infected is all." She exclaimed, "Thanks for the ride. I owe you one."

He sighed as he climbed on his bike and waited for her. When she was ready, he took off for the grocery store. It didn't take long to find her truck. He parked by it and waited until she'd inspected it to make sure all her stuff was there. She gave him a small smile, thanked him once again for the ride, and climbed into her truck. He sighed before heading back to the clubhouse. His brothers were going to love hearing this tale.

She made it home and began unloading her truck. Her arm was hurting but she'd take some of the new Tylenol she'd just bought earlier that evening. Twenty minutes later and her truck was empty, most of her groceries were put up, and she was finally able to take a much-needed shower. Her body wash stung her arm making her cuss at the little punk who'd cut her. After her shower, she cleaned her arm, put some antibiotic ointment on it, and wrapped it in gauze then taped it down.

She microwaved herself a personal pizza before putting on a movie. All she wanted to do was relax, eat her dinner, and watch a little TV. It had been an eventful day. Her face was still healing from her first fight in town two days ago and now she had this cut to remind her of today. She hoped the following day would be better. She finished her dinner, finished her movie, then headed to bed.

Telling his brothers what she'd told him made them all laugh. "I wouldn't want to mess with her!" someone shouted making Tig proud for some reason. He had Juice look up where she lived. Clay had him looking up everything he could on her. Their IO finally came up to Tig and told him where she lived making the SAA frown. A woman like her shouldn't be living on that side of town. It wasn't safe. He planned on reading her the riot act over where she was living when he saw her the following day.

She groaned when her alarm went off. She made herself a cup of coffee then poured herself a bowl of cereal. It was nice to actually eat in her own place instead of grabbing a quick bite at the diner. She hoped she wouldn't see anyone but customers today but she figured that would be a miracle. After she'd finished her cereal and coffee, she went to get dressed.

There were two people standing outside her shop when she arrived for the day making her roll her eyes at them both

There were two people standing outside her shop when she arrived for the day making her roll her eyes at them both. Tig looked a bit peeved, she had no idea why, and Jax looked like he was in a good mood. It was strange seeing the pair together. She opened her shop, walked around the counter, and flipped her 'open' sign on.

"We gotta talk." Tig exclaimed.

She sighed, "Now what?"

"Where you're living isn't safe!" Tig nearly shouted making her raise her eyebrow at him.

"Why is it any of your concern where I live? We're not friends, we're not dating, and you're not my daddy." She sassed making Jax cough into his hand to mask his laughter.

"It's a dangerous part of town. Something bad could happen to you." Tig tried to reason.

"Like the other night when some neo-nazi broke in and I beat him into unconsciousness? That kind of bad?" Her amused tone didn't help Tig's mood.

"Something worse could happen down there. That part of town is known for being extremely rough." Tig stated, "Find somewhere else to live!"

"No. I just got settled." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"What if we helped you find a new place in a safer neighborhood?" Jax offered.

"I'll look for myself when I can afford it after this place takes off, ok?" She defiantly stated.

"You need to move sooner than that." Tig's voice started to sound...desperate...to her.

"Look, we have a house. Already furnished. I need to talk to my Prez but we can probably let you move in. Low cost rent." Jax stated.

She raised her eyebrow again, "I'm fine where I'm at."

"No you're not! You could get seriously hurt down there!" Tig shouted taking both of them aback.

"Why the hell do you care where I live so much!" She shouted back.

"You're not the kind of person that needs to be living in the slums, ok? Just...let us talk to Clay and move into our place." Tig urged.

"You're not gonna leave me alone about this shit are you?" She rolled her eyes again.

"No, Darlin', we're not. We'd rather you be living in a safe neighborhood." The blond biker stated.

"It's really none of your business where I live." She sighed.

"We take care of our friends. And letting you live down there is not doing that." Tig said.

"As I keep telling you, we're not friends. You're a gang that won't leave me the hell alone." She huffed making Jax laugh.

"I'll go talk to Clay. Stay here, Tig." Jax stated, making her sigh again, before leaving.

"You fuckers are never going to butt your way out of my life, are you?" She hissed, "I knew going over there the first day I was in town was a bad idea."

"We're not that bad once you get to know us." He grinned, blue eyes seeming to be especially bright today.

A/N: Please review and vote below ;)