Chapter 23

Wonwoo and Jeonghan were having coffee at the café near their campus. Mingyu went out with his friends and Seungcheol was busy with his part-time job. So, here they were, chilling with each other. Ever since they went to the same university together, Wonwoo became closer to Jeonghan. Wonwoo told the latter about Jeongin. Everything that happened really surprised Jeonghan. He was speechless.

"One time, I dreamt about him again. He already got three. And he's looking for the rest." Wonwoo said.

"What if... what if he comes for you next?" Jeonghan asked.

"There's nothing he could take from me. The gift that I have is not something that can be passed around. He knows that." Wonwoo took a sip of his latte.

"Always be careful. I maybe don't know anything about these things, but we can't ever be so sure." Jeonghan replied and Wonwoo nodded.

"Yeah...anyway, I'm glad that I don't have to meet Jeongin anymore."

"Good for you..." Jeonghan stared outside the window.

Wonwoo looked at the latter. Jeonghan seemed distant. There must be something bothering him.

"So, how about you and Seungcheol hyung?" Wonwoo also looked outside the window.

"Honestly, not good."

"I mean, between us, everything is fine. It's just my parents." Jeonghan added.

"What did they do this time?"

"Last weekend, they asked me to go home alone. But when I got home, there was a girl and her whole family in the living room." Wonwoo looked at Jeonghan.

"It caught me off guard. I didn't know what to say and I didn't want to be rude. So, I just sat there, listening to the parents arranging our marriage." Wonwoo widened his eyes.

"What did Seungcheol hyung say?" Wonwoo asked.

"That's the problem. He didn't know yet. I don't have the courage to tell him." Jeonghan bit his lips.

"I will meet the girl again next weekend. And I've decided to be honest with her. My parents will be so mad at me after this." Jeonghan laughed half-heartedly.

"You need to tell him. You can't handle this alone." Wonwoo said.

"Listen to your own advice too. Don't leave Mingyu hanging all by himself. Poor kid was clueless when you locked yourself." Jeonghan chuckled.

"He told you already?"

"No... he told Seungcheol."

---

When will you be satisfied? Wonwoo thought as he walked through the dark corridor. Anger filled his heart. All of this was frustrating for him. He's tired from running. He did everything he could. But he was still in this same goddamn dream. It's a never-ending loop. What else did 'they' want from him?

"I won't disturb you anymore. Do whatever you want to that kid. I don't care anymore." Wonwoo spoke out loud.

"Let's end this here. Show me what you want to show me." Wonwoo said out of frustration.

He did the only thing that he's been avoiding. He went deeper. Wonwoo tried to open every door that he came across but they all locked. Just made him angrier. Not knowing that 'something' was watching him from afar. Suddenly, the door in front of him opened by itself. Wonwoo looked inside.

There was 'something' at the window. A 'man' with no head was looking outside the window. From the reflection of the glass, Wonwoo could see the face of the 'man'. He knew it would be wise not to approach that 'thing', so he stayed by the door.