Chapter 7

seven(teen)

~~~

A few weeks have passed and Wonwoo felt very grateful that everything went back to normal. Now that they knew more about Mingyu's ability, things got under their control, for now. Mingyu was still learning to accept his gift and it was something that couldn't be forced.

"Remember. If you end up in the dream again, just turn around and search for the red door. It's the way out." Wonwoo reminded his boyfriend.

Mid-semester break was approaching, and everyone was busy with tests, quizzes, and a pile of assignments. And of course, the two couldn't run from it. Wonwoo could see that Mingyu was really stressed out with his works. The boy always got home late. But every time Mingyu got home, Wonwoo always made sure that he had his dinner. He did everything he could to release Mingyu's stress. Gave him a massage, prepared hot chocolate for him, even though he himself was busy with his own work. Wonwoo just thought that he got a lot of work but not as much as Mingyu.

One night, while Wonwoo was studying for one of his tests for tomorrow, Mingyu entered his room. He looked worn out. Wonwoo looked at his boyfriend as the latter sat at the edge of the bed. Mingyu patted the spot beside him, telling Wonwoo to sit beside him and the latter followed. Wonwoo got up and approached him.

"Are you okay?" Wonwoo asked and Mingyu hugged him.

"What are you doing?" Wonwoo asked again.

"Charging..." Mingyu snuggled closer to his boyfriend's neck.

Wonwoo smiled and kissed Mingyu's forehead They stayed like that in silence. Mingyu grabbed Wonwoo's hand and played with it.

"Nothing weird happened lately, right?" Mingyu spoke.

"Hmm, I'm quite glad." Wonwoo answered.

"I still ended up in that place when I had the dream. But I followed your order, look for the red door."

"Good. Just ignore it." Wonwoo said.

"At first, it was really scary. But since I always experience it, it becomes numb. Is this how you feel about your gift?" Mingyu asked.

"Exactly, you don't know how terrified I was when I first discovered it. But, as time goes by, I just don't care anymore." Wonwoo replied.

"It must be hard for you... to deal with it all by yourself."

"About the dream...when we were together in it, what happened to you? After I got kicked out of it."

"...the demon attacked me. Which is weird...because supposedly 'they' cannot touch me." Wonwoo said.

"Kadma." Mingyu whispered.

"The one that attacked me...looked like a wolf." Wonwoo stated.

"Weird, because I saw horns...like a bull." Mingyu said.

"Really?" Wonwoo asked and the latter nodded.

"When you hugged me, my aura got stronger. But when I overpowered the 'thing', a serpent appeared, and I got kicked out of the dream."

"Why are there so many animals?" Mingyu whined.

"Yeah, you're right." Wonwoo chuckled.

---

Mingyu was in the study area at the student center, working on his pair assignment with his partner, Jiyoung. Jiyoung, instead of sitting in front of Mingyu where they could do their work comfortably, she decided to sit beside the boy. At first, Mingyu didn't really care about it but as time went by, Jiyoung started to get really close to him to the extent that it weird him out.