Chapter SEVENTEEN

SAY THE NAME!!!

okay back to the story

~~~

One morning, Jeongin had his breakfast at the dining table when suddenly, his father came and stared at him. Not that they were in a bad term or something but it's kinda freak Jeongin out when someone just stared at him like that early in the morning. It's weird because his dad never did that. He smiled as he turned to his father, but the smile dropped when he saw something off with his father.

"Do I have something on my face?" Jeongin tried to play it off.

"No. Nothing." the man said as he proceeded to sit beside the latter.

Mr. Yang placed his hand on Jeongin's shoulder and honestly, it freaked the boy even more. They were never this close. Why suddenly his father started to act like this? Jeongin just continued eating his food in a stiff posture.

"How is school? Are you doing okay?" he asked and Jeongin nodded.

"I don't see Hyunjin in a while. Did something happen between you two?"

"Nothing happened. We're fine."

"You seem to hang out around the tree in the backyard a lot." And Jeongin looked at his dad, frowning a bit.

How did his father know? He was never around when Jeongin was near the tree. Jeongin knew something was not right but he said nothing. Even if he said anything, who's gonna believe him anyway?

"Honey, goodbye." Mr. Yang stood up and went to work.

Jeongin let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding. Done with his breakfast, he went to school. On his way to his class, someone grabbed his arm harshly. Shocked, Jeongin looked at the owner. Hyunjin. He was trembling.

"Whoever your 'friends' are, tell them that I don't want to play their game!" Hyunjin said as his eyes started to get watery.

"What are you talking about? What happened?" Jeongin asked.

"They went to my house last night. What did they want from me? Did you tell them to do that?" Hyunjin gritted his teeth.

"I told them nothing. It's been a while since I met them."

Hyunjin released his friend's arm and let out a shaky breath. He leaned against the wall and rubbed his face, frustratedly.

"I-I'm not brave like you. First, the 'thing' that attacked me at your house. And now this. Jeongin, you need to stop talking to them." Hyunjin tried to hold his tears from rolling down.

Jeongin looked down. He knew that it was his fault Hyunjin had to go through all this. He warned 'them' so many times. Leave Hyunjin alone but 'they' never listen.

---

Mrs. Yang was waiting for someone to come to her house. It was about an hour before Jeongin came home from school. All the disturbances in the house were stressing her out so she decided to seek help from the church. It was a suggestion from her nephew, Hansol.

A knock at the front door could be heard. She immediately opened the door. In front of her stood a young man in a black suit. The man smiled at her.

"Hello, nice to meet you. I'm Father SooJung from Dapdong Church." The priest bowed a bit.

"Thank you for coming." Jeongin's mom said.

They went to the living room and Mrs. Yang started to tell about all the haunting experiences that happened in the house. The priest listened to everything carefully and proceeded to look around the house.