Chapter 22

Wonwoo stood by the front door as he waited for his boyfriend. Today, they were planning to go on a date. Mingyu wanted the latter to make up for the time they lost. Wonwoo didn't know where they were going today. It's always Mingyu who planned everything. After a while, Mingyu came with a scarf in his hand.

"It's pretty chilly today. Here." Mingyu wrapped the scarf around the latter's neck.

"It's too thick. I can't move." Wonwoo complained.

Wonwoo tried to loosen the scarf a bit but Mingyu stopped him. He just pinched Wonwoo's cheeks because his boyfriend looked so cute right now. Mingyu gave a quick peck on the forehead. They went to the car and sped away.

"Today, I'm gonna stuff you with so much food." Mingyu said.

"I'm not a big eater like you."

"Look at how skinny you become. You're doing great with gaining weight before." Mingyu started to nag.

"So you don't like me being skinny?" Wonwoo teased.

"Yes. Being too skinny is not healthy for you. You should gain weight."

"Okay, mom." Wonwoo rolled his eyes.

"I'm not your mom. I'm your daddy." Mingyu smirked. Wonwoo hit his arm.

---

They stopped in front of a café that just opened a few days ago. It's a cat café. Wonwoo's eyes were sparkling when he looked at all the cats. They took a seat and already a few cats started to approach Wonwoo. Mingyu was glad that his boyfriend started to smile brightly again. He just wanted Wonwoo to stop thinking about what happened at Incheon for a while. But curiosity got all over him. He really wanted to know why Wonwoo locked himself for a week. A grey kitten climbed on top of Wonwoo's lap and started to purr. Mingyu knew with a situation like this, it must be hard for Wonwoo to not answer his question.

"So..." Mingyu started. Wonwoo looked at the latter, smiling brightly.

"What did you see in the dream that night? That you locked yourself for a week." Wonwoo's smile dropped.

He let out a sigh as he petted the kitten. A small smile crept to his face.

"Jeongin..." Wonwoo started.

"He's the one behind all this." Mingyu frowned.

"He did all this because he wants to control all the demons that he called to his house. All the dreams that we had, the 'things' knew we were the only ones that can stop them from getting their hands against Jeongin."

"But in the end, Jeongin tricked everyone. He pretended to be clueless so that the 'things' stayed. I was just a bait. Jeongin wanted the power 'they' have but he didn't know how to get it. Then he found me."

"But... the priest?" Mingyu was still shocked.

"The exorcism just to weaken one of the demons. So that Jeongin could absorb it easily."

"How many...of 'them'?" Mingyu asked.

"5... the five wretched beasts."

"That night...I witnessed Jeongin defeated the 'wolf' and he absorbed its power."

"Took me a week to figure all that out. I spent so much time in the spirit world. Unfolding everything."

"Wow...what a twist." Mingyu said.

"Whatever. I don't care anymore. Jeongin will get all the demons and there's nothing I can do. Better keep my hands off it for our own safety." Wonwoo smiled at his boyfriend.