Chapter 4

Mingyu hugged himself as he fastened his walk, trying to find a way to get the hell out of this never-ending hallway. Now he knew how Wonwoo felt when the latter stuck in a situation like this. He hated it so much because he didn't have Wonwoo's bravery. Let's be honest, he was a scaredy-cat.

"Take this mortal soul..." the familiar voice echoed through the hallway.

Mingyu stopped. He recognized the voice so well. It was the same boy. The boy that Mingyu heard in every dream but never once he saw the face. But it was not the same chant that he usually heard.

"Bend it to your will..." the voice continued.

Suddenly, Mingyu felt a presence behind him. He froze out of pure terror. The 'thing' was so close to him that he could feel the breath at the back of his neck.

"Stay away..." the thing whispered.

Mingyu gulped as chills ran through his spine. He turned around and the 'thing' screamed right in front of his face.

Mingyu jolted up from his sleep, breathing heavily. He looked around to find out that he was in his room with Wonwoo sleeping beside him. Sweat covered his forehead. He groaned in frustration, thinking about the dream. Seriously, it's stressing him up. Getting off the bed, he left the room to find something to quench his thirst. Wonwoo later woke up due to the sound of the door. Stretching out his sleepiness, he followed the latter.

Mingyu went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass filled with water. He drank it one go. Leaning against the kitchen counter, he zoned out for a bit.

"Gyu?" Wonwoo entered the kitchen while rubbing his eye.

"Did I wake you up? I'm sorry." Mingyu said.

"It's okay. You seem off. Did something happen?"

Mingyu let out a sigh as he placed the glass on the counter. He approached Wonwoo and hugged the latter, resting his chin on Wonwoo's shoulder. Wonwoo replied to the hug while rubbing Mingyu's back.

"Everything will be okay. I'm here with you." Wonwoo tried to comfort his boyfriend.

Mingyu looked at Wonwoo in the eyes before colliding their lips together. The kiss broke and he cupped Wonwoo's cheeks.

"What if...visiting Hansol's cousin is not a good idea?" Mingyu voiced out his hesitation.

"We can't let him down." Wonwoo answered.

"And...I really have a strong feeling that his cousin is the same as me. I know how it feels to deal with all of this at a very young age. I want to help him." Wonwoo continued.

Mingyu let out a sigh as he nodded in defeat. It's hard to win against Wonwoo sometimes.

"Let's get ready. We have a long journey waiting for us." Wonwoo said and they both went back into the room.

They would visit the boy today, together with Hansol. Well, the journey was not that long actually but Mingyu never drove that far. So, it's an experience for him.

A few hours later, they were ready to go. Getting inside the car, they headed to Hansol's house and fetched him up.

"Seungkwan wants to follow too but he can't take a day off." Hansol said as he got into the car.

"What did you tell your parents about this?" Mingyu asked.

"Just say that I'm going out with friends."

And their journey began. They didn't talk much in the car. Everyone was just jamming to the songs that came from the radio. Wonwoo eventually fell asleep about 15 minutes into the ride.