XXXIX

Andrew

Silence.

You can only hear nothing but heavy steps walking toward the corner of the street. 

Moonless sky. Thanks to the old blinking street lamps, none of us could see each other vividly. An enormous shadow walked towards me. I felt so small from the approaching shadow. Though, my physique is beyond average. A shopping bag full of food from a nearby convenient-store was the only thing I have. 

I can't fight that huge guy with a bag of chips, of course. I thought. 

Cold midnight wind blows. "Who are you?" I asked and tried to stand bravely behind my trembling knees as the unknown shadow approaches me. 

"That brunette," the hooded man speaks. 

"You mean George?" my voice trembles. 

"I won't see you near her," the unknown man says in a deep voice. 

"This will be the very last time I'll see you near her," he adds. 

One of his eyes glimmers in bright red.

"Maybe it's the way she walks!" George sings.

"Wow!" I sing while driving.

"Straight into my heart and stole it!"

"Through the doors and past the guards," I continue.

We should enjoy this. No more bad thoughts, Andrew.

"Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na. She belongs to me," we sing together.

"Kisses like cream. Her walk is so mean, and every jaw drops when she's in those jeans. Alright," she sings and admires the voices of her favorite boyband.

I watch her sing while she sways to the beat.

I hope that smile of yours won't fade.

She wears a loose red cropped top paired with a pair of black skinny jeans and black sneakers. Her brown wavy hair falls perfectly on her shoulders.

"What?" she asks.

I shake my head and smile.

This is for your safety.

"I miss this," I say.