XII

George

"Another day to confirm that another year of my life has ended," I whisper.

I read the response of my guest.

'I'm coming, Sis!'

'Let's go!'

'Happy birthday!'

I dance to the song's beat in my playlist while wiping the counter.

"Mini bars, expensive cars, hotel rooms, and new tattoos, And the good champagne, and private planes, but they don't mean anything. 'Cause the truth is out," I sing while wiping the counter with every song beat. "Hmm mm—."

An unregistered number calls.

Who are you?

"Hello," I am greeted by a deep voice.

"Georgina."

"Who is this?"

"Your kind neighbor."

"Red?"

"So, I'm kind, huh?"

"No! Of course not! You're my only neighbor. I live at the corner of the street," I say and roll my eyes. "Why did you—"

"Happy birthday."

"Oh," I say. A long silence follows as I think of what to say. "Thank you. Are you coming-"

"No. I'm busy. Plus, I'm ninety-nine percent sure your party will turn into a make-out session."

"Quit interrupting me while I speak," I roll my eyes.

"And, they'll get drunk, and wild, and throw up. So, goodbye. Enjoy your day."

I stare at my reflection to check what I look on the new dress I bought when knocks on my door occur on my front door.

"Hey!" Shane happily greets. Lots of people are with her.

They enter the house and greet me with 'Happy Birthday'. Some of them hand me gifts.

"Who are those? I thought you'll only invite a few people?" I ask through my greeted teeth.

"Yeah. Two groups of people."

"Two!?" I exclaimed under my breath.