XXVII

George

"Damn!" I startle when Shane exclaims. "Every week, our activity gets insanely difficult!" Her chocolate gaze glares at the photo references of female poses. "Did you two fight? Or something? Is this his punishment for you?"

I stare at the poses.

I don't even know where he is.

Where is he?

Did he find the lost wolf?

"Will he kill the werewolf?" I mutter.

"Werewolf? Again?" Shane exclaims. "I'm having a hard time with this figure drawing, but you are thinking of that story? Come on, George. Werewolves aren't real."

"The-the story has good a plot, though! As if it's real," I reason out.

It is real.

Clarkson stops drawing and looks at us.

"I will visit Emy," I tell Shane. "Wanna come?"

"Who's Emy?" Clarkson tilts his head to the side.

"Hi, Emy!" Shane greets, looking at the cold stone.

"O-oh. That's Emy," Clarkson says hesitantly.

We go straight here, to the cemetery after class. I feel the warmth of the grass as I sit down beside Emy.

"You know what," Shane excitedly speaks. "George has a boyfriend!" she screams.

Clarkson's eyes widen. He sharply jerks his head at me.

"Our Professor!" Shane exclaims.

"What?" Clarkson furrows his eyebrows.

"No! Jared is not my boyfriend. Damn it!" I hit Shane's arm hard.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Shane yells at me.

"This is a cemetery. Keep your voices low," Clarkson says.

"You keep insisting that he's my boyfriend," I grunt. "Maybe you are the one who really likes him," I glare.

"W-what?" she stutters. "No! Why would I?" Shane's voice changes.

"Oh, come on! I can see how you watch him from afar," I say and roll my eyes. "Your voice even changed."