III

George

I quench my thirst with the very last drop of water from my drinking bottle. My tight gray jersey sportswear is soaked with my own sweat. I walk my way home after a long jog.

I woke up at five in the morning and went outside. I try to sleep but then my body can't. Maybe my body realized that I have to stop being a... potato. I stand in front of my apartment as I remove my white earphone.

"George!" Jeremy shouts while he jogs.

He approaches my direction and waves his hand. We stop in front of my house.

What is he doing here?

"I saw you in the park. I called you, but it seems like you can't hear me," he breathes out while pointing at his ear.

"I've heard the news," he says and brushes his fingers through his ash-blond hair.

"News?" I ask, pretending as if I don't know where this conversation is going.

"You and Andrew."

"I'm not your Babe anymore! Enough with the games, Drew! I saw you kissing her here at our favorite restaurant!"

"Please, I don't want to talk about it," I say and click my tongue.

"Fine. But please, listen to him. He is dying in sadness. He didn't–"

"So? Then let him die," I snap. " I am sad too, Jeremy! What is wrong with you!? Do not tell me that he doesn't know what he did. As expected, of course, you'll be on your best friend's side."

Jeremy grips my wrist.

"The guy is–" A sigh of defeat escapes from his mouth.

His grip tightens. "You know, It sounds crazy but... I really think he doesn't know what happened," he whispers.

"No," I pull my arm away from his grip. "It doesn't sound crazy. You're crazy. He doesn't know!? What? He accidentally pulls that girl for an intimate kiss?"

"Are you seriously defending your best friend who kissed a girl right in front of her girlfriend's eyes?" I ask and point to his chest.

I heave a sigh, "Those days that you guys are saying it's my fault because I'm being an insecure girlfriend, I admit that."

"It was my fault," I say.

I get jealous easily. I admit that. I have so many insecurities. I know that.

"But what happened last night," I look at him and chew my lips. "I don't think it is my fault. Now please, leave."