XI

George

What would have happened if my parents were with me?

I think to myself while watching my nails getting painted.

Tomorrow will be my party. I'm here at a spa with Aunt Liz. She said this is her gift to me. She'll be working tomorrow until midnight. So she wanted to celebrate it earlier.

She said she will be busy.

I'm used to it. I'm not mad at her. I'll never be mad at her about it. She's working and raising me at the same time. She doesn't have kids but she has been like a 'single mom' since I was four.

"I heard a couple found dead in the nearby park."

My thoughts are interrupted when the skinny lady in a black bob speaks. She is the one doing my foot massage.

"Yes, I am now afraid to go outside at night after hearing that," says the young lady in a curly blonde ponytail while massaging Aunt Liz's feet.

"Excuse me. What happened to the couple?" Aunt Liz asks.

"Well, there were no bruises or even bloodstains found. But, the authorities said they were dead," the bob-hair lady says.

"Hmmm," Aunt Liz nods.

"They were found dead about an hour ago. Goodness! It's really not safe nowadays," the blonde lady says.

"Wow! I'm like, I got ten years younger," Aunt Liz happily says while touching her face.

"Yeah," I smile. "As if that is possible."

I push the cart with ingredients inside. Aunt Liz looks at every mirror we passed by to check herself.

"You remember what we heard at the spa, right?"

I nod.

"Now, don't you ever go out without my permission, okay?"

"Aunt Liz, I'm not a kid anymore."

"Yeah, right," she chuckles. "You heard them. It's a couple. Probably they were only seven," she rolls her eyes.

"I'll go and buy some office supplies," Aunt Liz says.

I hum while I decided to look for a dress to wear for tomorrow.

"I'll message you once I'm done," she said.

"Okay then. I'll look for a dress to wear for tomorrow."