XXXII

Dmitri

"Damn it!" I snarl. My long fingers grab the skinny teenage vampire by his neck.

"Who the fuck told you to kill numerous humans!?" I growl.

"D-Dmitri, Sir," he pleads. "I'm sorry–"

The pale boy's words are cut as I slam his back on the bumper of the car.

"Sorry?" I say in my deep voice.

"Dmitri!" I hear Fuego yell.

"Damn it. We need Joaquin in situations like this," he mutters.

"Where are the others?" I ask.

"I called for backup," Fuego yells and slams the head of two youngsters together.

"One last question, kid. Who ordered you?" I ask the pale boy. "I'm running out of patience. One snap, you're dead. You want us to tie you at the central park and wait for the sunrise?"

"N-No, Sir," he breathes out.

"You know it's in our rules. No human shall be killed by a Vampire's thirst for blood," I grumble.

He tries to remove my grip, but I hold his neck tighter. "You even became a star," I purred. "Juliana Loughty case, huh?"

"Dmitri–"

"They won't speak, huh?" I sharply move my gaze to Fuego.

"What are you doing!?" Fuego yells in frustration. "We have to find out who their boss is!"

The vampire falls to his knees. He holds his chest and starts to breathe heavily. The veins of his neck are visible. He looks up at me. Slowly, the iris of his eyes dilates.

"Kill the rest," I command. "Use the vervains!" I snarl. Tie all of those at the central park and put a warning sign using their blood. Write 'Never drink human blood.' Tighten the security. No one shall leave the Bloodharts without my permission!" I growl.

I dig my clawed hand through the chest of the young vampire and rip his heart out.

"Who says vampires cannot be killed, huh?" I ask the young vampire with a smirk across my lips and kick his chest.

"We lost their leader," Fuego grunts. "Fuck you," he says with his blue eyes glaring at me.

"You dare to curse the Prince?" I lift a brow.

"You can at least–"

"He's not talking," I simply say.