X

George

"Since when did you like K-dramas?" Aunt Liz asks and sits on the couch.

Since the day Emy became obsessed with these Korean guys.

It's Aunt Liz's day off, and we are watching the drama.

I read the subtitles too quickly to shift my gaze to watch the scene.

"Georgina, you don't have any plans?" Aunt Liz asks.

"Plans? For?" I frown. I am so focused on the subtitles that I didn't give her a glance.

"For your birthday."

"May I?" My eyebrows rise.

"Of course. What kind of question is that?"

I laugh in disbelief.

What? You already forgot?

Two years ago, Aunt Liz said she won't let me throw a party ever again.

She said...

"You are irresponsible, Georgina!"

Dude, I was just sixteen at that time. I didn't even drink any. It was my classmate who threw up on the carpet that night. That is also the reason why I don't like carpets, alcoholic drinks, and parties.

"Really?"

"Yes," she nods. "You still have more than a week to think and prepare. I remember you said that you don't want a grand party."

Ahh...Yes.

Two years ago, she wanted a princess-themed or a masquerade party for my eighteenth birthday.

I remember myself yelling, "No! There's no way I'll celebrate that way!"

If I knew my classmate will throw up on the carpet, I could've chosen the masquerade instead.

To be honest, though, I don't like that stuff. Fairytales aren't real. There's no magic and shine in real life. I just like watching those things, but life's not like that.

Plus, I'll just sit there with the spotlight focused on me. I want a real celebration, where I can talk to my guests. I don't like being a wallflower or just a display of my party.

"Josephine, Kyle, Calix... Brooklyn, Luke... Uhh."