V

George

Oh, God...Please, help me.

"Oh my gosh!"

My heart beats fast as a female voice swims into my ears.

Wait...my heart...beating? I'm still alive!

The fresh scent of coffee wafts on a warm breeze that graces the crook of my neck. Slowly, I open my eyes. My eyes widen after seeing Jared on top of me with his eyes firmly closed. I hitch my breath.

"Oh my gosh!"

"Girl, you see that?"

"The fuck did those kids go?"

He breathes heavily, which fans my neck. I, on the other hand, lie on the sidewalk in the most awkward starfish position. My head rests on his big right hand. His left arm supports his weight. His lollipop is gone, but I can still smell it. I look at the road where I'm supposed to be lying.

What just happened?

"Oh my gosh," I stammer.

He saved me.

I close my eyes to calm myself down.

"Is this a movie taping?"

"The guy is hot."

My eyes land on the white car beside me.

"Oh, thank God! I thought...I...I," A middle-aged woman wearing business attire comes out of the driver's seat. She walks in our direction hurriedly with a worried face. Jared stands up and helps me to my feet. I dust my clothes off. My knees are weak, but I stood firmly.

I almost died.

"Are you okay?" he asks as his sapphire eyes scan my body.

"Uuuhhh...I'm fine. Thank-"

"Miss, Are you sure?" the lady's voice is shaking. "I can call some medical help."

The lady gets her phone from her luxurious purse with shaky hands.

"Yeah, no worries," I say and stop her. "Calm down, Ma'am. I'm fine," I say and try to sound casual. Even though my heart beats fast and my body shakes.

"Are you sure?" Jared asks. His eyes swiftly scan my body.