Chapter 27

Chapter 27: Nerves

Chapter 27: Nerves

Well, isn't that an eventful evening?

Getting threatened by the man of the house himself was something you should be proud of, despite knowing how to reserve the man is, you had struck a nerve of his resulting his sudden outburst to you.

As for you right now, you were sitting in your room waiting for Yoongi to present his face. After the little fiasco in your room, you were put into another place, well to be exact beside Taehyung's room.

After the psychopath appearance, for once Namjoon had taken a responsibility to actually investigate what had happened, and it took him to do it after you were close to being murder.

You couldn't help to shudder at the thought of the crazy mask man running around the halls freely, you didn't feel safe, so you had taken a request for Yoongi to be your accompany until everything settles down since the party for Jungkook is still on the go.

What's the big deal with his birthday? That your almost death experience was put aside until the preparation of his birthday is finished.

You were in deep thoughts when you jolted out in your seat and the door opening, you scramble off the sofa, you were afraid that the man would suddenly pop up like a jack in a box. But thank god it was the only yoongi who was warily looking at you.

"Are you alright? Namjoon had sent me here, he was pretty fuming when he told me I was in charge of you." What are you? A baby?

"I pissed him off, told him I play the piano if he didn't try to investigate the crime scene, a psychopath is running around the house, and he's not taking it seriously." You grumble at the man in the house tolerance.

"If he wanted me to die so badly he could have done it himself if he wanted," you finished it off.

Yoongi could only chuckle at you as he stood in his ground, you look at him questioningly on why he was still standing up, and you think he got the message as he sat down.

"I didn't want you to freak out or anything, so I stay until you're ready to welcome me and by the way, it was a good alibi for you to say you can play," he hums, and you nod.

"That was the only thing I can think off, I knew you were going to play along if I had the alibi," you say quietly," it was worth it because now I know they are hiding something."

Yoongi who heard your words attentively looks at you, hoping you to say something.

You sigh and looks at him," They are hiding something, I don't know who was talking with who, and their quiet words are the only thing I can hear. Still, they are hiding something, and the wanted to achieve something, it was supposed to be a secret, but I think they are running out of time, they seem to be frustrated by it."

Yoongi could only nod at it," What do you think it is?"

"I don't know, but anything is possible, I was hoping to see you and oh," You remember your discussion with Taehyung.

"About Taehyung being the person who had dropped the vase, why did it seems like the others are trying to blame Taehyung for it and what's up with Seokjin and Hoseok?"

The possibility of Taehyung being the murder was enough to give a chilling vibe to the room. Imagining the thought of the man you had let in so willingly because he was accused of a crime you thought he didn't do, but is it possible if it was his façade?

"That is also a mystery I like to know, What's Taehyung's alibi?" he asked," Or did he said anything suspicious that might be off?"

"He only said that he saw someone that day who went into a flight of stairs that was forbidden. Is there a place like that? And he said something the line of 'bad people are going to capture him? A trauma perhaps?"

"Hm... yes, I think I heard Jimin mentioning that Taehyung has a slightly traumatic event in his life and then to succumb to it from time to time if he was a bit stressful. Who did he see that day?"

"He told me, he saw Seokjin that day," You gasp at a sudden connection," Is that why Hoseok was angry when they had accused Taehyung like that? Was it because Hoseok knew Taehyung wouldn't do it and Seokjin was to blame?" you gasp at the sudden relation to the story.

Yoongi could only think," There's a possibility that could happen, and I'm sure Seokjin had something to do with this creepy house."

You groan on his spontaneous accusation.

"You all are just blaming one and another for this, can we just try and find evidence on this and then we can blame each other?" you asked Yoongi who shrugs.

"I told you I don't trust Seokjin, there something fishy about him." He said, but not enough evidence to bring Seokjin down.

"Right... how about you? Do you have anything we can combine with?" you asked him, and he nods his head.

"I don't know if this is helpful or not but I think I have some clues about this house, here," he pulled out a paper," I found this in Namjoon's table, it was a pile of letters, he had thrown them into the trash can, don't know if it can help..."

"Here let me see..."

To Kim Namjoon,

I did it, I have to do it, and I cannot go back, I have to dispose of it. But I couldn't, they were friends to me, and I did something terrible, do you think they will forgive me for what I did? I have sent them to you, in the hope you can finish it for me. I could not bear to see their eyes without the constant reminder of someone else.

I have put another letter to them, in the hope that they will understand, I don't know if they will get it and I hope they don't, I just felt guilty if I go without saying goodbye. Take care of them for me.

I know you might curse the day you read the letter and I have put the burden to you, but you'll understand why I did it, you are like me. I know you the best than anyone else, we are alike then you thought.

Best regards,

You know who