𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎

Start from the beginning

You looked between Spinel and Steven, your heart started to pick up as you knew something bad will happen soon,  your stomach churned uncomfortably which made you gagged but hold it back in.

"Is that all you needed me for? To turn off my Injector?" Spinel asked, her voice could be heard cracked.

"What...?" you muttered, grabbed Spinel's arm softly. "W-What're you talking about, Spinel?"

Steven focused on Spinel, hesitant was found on his face. "No! Well... Sort of, but-Spinel-"

"Well, what now? I-I-I did what you wanted. That's it?" Spinel asked, starting to hyperventilate.

"Spinel, breath" you spoke softly.

Steven gulped. "Well, yeah. We can just... forget this whole thing ever happened" Steven suggested.

Spinel's eyes saddened further, she shrugged your hand off her arm, made you frown at her rough action. "How are you gonna forget with me around? I'm the source of all your problems. Don't pretend you want me here. What's your plan for me, huh? You gonna put me somewhere? You gonna leave me, somewhere? You gonna leave me alone?" Spinel blabbered.

Your facial impression began to saddened, your mouth frowned at her negative thoughts. "Spinel..." you cooed, reaching out for her.

Before you could even touch Spinel, Spinel angrily growled and pushed you directly into Steven's chest which sent both of you on to the ground; the rejuvenator escaped Steven's pocket, which caused the Gems to gasped out loud before scattering away from the weapon except for the oblivious Garnet.

"Oh, what's this?" Garnet asked curiously, picking up the weapon.

Steven's eyes went wide when he saw Garnet's action, without thinking, he pushed you off him rather harshly and ran to Garnet; you winced at the hard push as your bruises on your back began to ached, you let out a whimper but it wasn't loud enough for the others to hear.

"G-Garnet, do-don't touch that!" Steven shouted.

As Garnet had just turned the rejuvenator on, Steven snatched the weapon away from her hands and pushed her away, at least far enough to not get the weapon to touch her.

Spinel squinted her eyes, her eyebrows saddened at the sight of Steven holding the weapon, you noticed her sudden change of facial expressions, made you gulped at the thought of Spinel getting rage.

Spinel eyed the weapon and Steven, heart cracking. "Why do you... have that?" Spinel asked rather in confusion.

Steven looked at the weapon in hands anxiously, he gulped as he tried to think the most reasonable excuse. "I-I was just carrying it. I-I didn't have anywhere else to put it" Steven reasoned himself.

Spinel's eyes squinted further in anger, her heart is now pounding at the mix of emotions. "We can just forget this ever happened? You mean, I can just forget this ever happened!" Spinel reasoned back. Her lips escaped a few hysterical giggled which scared you almost to death. "Wow! What a plan! I turn off the Injector, and then the moment my back is turned, Bam! Presto! Change-o! Problem solved! Well, think again. You're not getting rid of me that easy!"

You shook your head, shakily standing up but ended up on the ground again. "S-Spinel! He's telling the truth! P-Please listen!" you softly advise, eyes tearing up.

Spinel completely ignored your words and instead, she formed her pinkie into a horn again, a bigger one than before as she blew into it and pointed to the rest of you, commanding it to be landing there; your eyes widened when you saw the injector slowly moved to where Spinel had told it to do, you froze, you couldn't move, you were so scared that your body had shut down its adrenaline system.