𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎

"That sounds bad" Lapis pointed out.

"That looks bad" Bismuth continued, inching closer to the screen that Peridot had floating it with her metal power.

Peridot's face scrunched in annoyance. "That is bad! We're hitting critical mass" Peridot informed worriedly.

Steven who had been walking towards them, smirking. "Then I guess we're just in time"

Bismuth, Peridot and Lapis turned around in shock, their eyes widened at the sight If the group; they saw Steven had one of his arm protectively wrapped around your shoulder while brushing your shoulder with his thumb in a circular motion, you leaned in Steven's warmth touch as Steven would never mind his personal bubble got invaded by you, and they saw the rest of the gems stood behind them, smiles on their faces; they were almost shocked when they saw Connie had returned from the Space Camp.

Peridot shook her head aggressively, eyes squinted through her glasses. "Steven, (Y/N)! What's the status on Spinel?" Peridot asked in panic.

You smiled encouragingly to Peridot. "Spinel is now as good as new. She's finally here to help, right Spinel?" you said, turning your head to meet Spinel's maroon eyes.

Spinel locked eyes with you, she could feel the overwhelming aura coming from your (E/C) eyes which made her smile and eyebrows furrowed in determination, she almost thought you were the caused of her new energy running through her lifeless body.

Spinel broke gaze from you, walking slowly towards her own weapon, she held out a pinkie, swirling them like a trombone before blowing into it, shook the ground with the audible sound; you clung on Steven further, rummaging your head on Steven's chest, earning a huge flush on his face which went unnoticed by you.

After what felt like forever, Spinel had stopped blowing her pinkie before retracted it into a normal size of her pinkie; her injector lifted itself from the ground and inching further away from Earth, earned loud of cheers at the sight; Spinel turned around to meet everyone gazes, she had her eyes on you first.

You seriously did flash her with one of your most adorable smile she had ever seen, which kind of made her smiled wider than before.

"Okay. Can someone fill me in?" Connie interrupted, earned few giggles from the Gems.

Steven sighed in deep relief, his eyes tiredly closed but his grip on your shoulder never did once loosening; you and Steven walked up to Spinel almost fainted out, Steven breathed out softly before handing out a hand for Spinel to shake.

"Thanks, Spinel" Steven thanked.

Spinel smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of her head. "Aww, gee. What are friends for?" Spinel joked.

Steven let go of your shoulder, walked back to the Gems to figure out how to bring Garnet back, meanwhile, you stood in front of Spinel while smiling widely; Spinel felt as if your smile was contagious as she suddenly felt herself smiling too, she was so shocked when she suddenly felt you embraced her tightly.

"Seriously. Thank you, so so much. You've literally saved hundreds of Beach City's people. You did great. No, marvellous" you complimented, hugged her even tighter.

Spinel smiled, nuzzling her head into the crook of your neck, her lips parted to say something but stopped when she heard Steven's words or mutters, almost quickly, Spinel broke the hug and looked at Steven in upset.

"Spinel?" you asked in worried.

"What about me...?" Spinel asked out of blue.

Steven flinched, turned around to meet Spinel's sad eyes. "Huh?" he mumbled in confusion.