𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝓉𝓌ℯ𝓁𝓋ℯ

Steven was working at the Little Homeworld, helping out Bismuth on carrying some heavy barrels with Lapis and Peridot.

Steven's mood was obviously opposite of his everyday ones, which Bismuth and the others quickly noticed since he wasn't the happy-go-lucky Steven anymore.

The Little Homeworld increasing day by day, but Steven doesn't look like he cared about those in the meantime, well, they needed to ask away anyway or the job will be slowing down with Steven's mood kept on being the way he is now.

Behind Steven's back, Bismuth, Peridot and Lapis were playing rock-paper-scissor as to who will be asking how Steven doing.

Rock.

Paper.

Scissor!

And Bismuth loses.

Peridot and Lapis sighed in relief, obviously that they didn't want to ask how he was doing, it will ruin every awkward moments between him and the others.

Bismuth cursed under her breath and turned to look at Steven, who was looking at you from afar, you were smiling softly and giggling at the tricks the citizens of Little Homeworld, it amazed you.

Steven just smiled sadly at how happy you looked, oh how he wish it was him you were laughing at.

You then caught Steven staring at you, which Steven waved at you with a smile on his face, hoping you would waved back.

But you didn't.

You actually freaked out to why he was staring you down, making you grew anxious and panicked, before you ran away from the scene quickly.

Steven's smile feel as the same as his hand returned to his side, his head hung low, feeling shame and mourn.

Now Bismuth knew why he was acting so off, he was heart brokened.

Clearly he was in love with you, but you feared him and rejected him by action and not words, which was way more worse than words.

Bismuth smiled sadly at his heart broken friend, walking towards him and patted behind his back, comforting in fact.

"Hey, how you doing?" Bismuth asked, patting softly to his shoulder.

Steven sighed sadly, set his head hung low, teeth gritted in frustration, fists were formed which showed its white knuckles, he blew it.

"I... I messed up, Bismuth..." Steven said, heart aching painfully.

His stomach felt knotting and his throat felt like puking, he felt horrible, more horrible than being Pink Diamond to run a colony, the pain was more painful.

Painfuller than anything he ever felt.

Actually, he never felt such pain before that's why it is so painful to him, new experience equals more painful it felt, but seriously, his heart felt like dying when he saw you ran away in fear after saw him waving happily at you.

He screwed everything and he regretted ever one moment of it.

"Want to talk about it?" Bismuth suggested, holding Steven's shoulder, assuring him everything is fine.

Steven stared at the ground and stood silent, before nodding to the suggestion.

He felt like a crap, he needed someone to talk with, maybe it will calm him down a bit.

"Okay, let's go somewhere quiet and private, shall we?" Bismuth suggested, which Steven nodded.

Bismuth nodded and pulled Steven softly and walked away from the scene, which a lot of the Gems questioned to why Steven acted a bit off than the days before.