𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓃𝒾𝓃ℯ

You slowly climbed down the stairs with a familiar brown board and a pen in hands with a lists sticks onto the board.

As you reached your feet on the last step, your eyes quickly glanced to Steven who wore a doctor's outfit with gloves covered his bare hands, your cheeks brightened a bit as you made your way to him.

"Ah, there you are, love." Steven greeted with a happy smile on him. You smiled back and handed him the brown board and the pen as he took it from you. He leaned forward and kissed your forehead. "Thanks. Today's going to be busy and I'm really glad you're around to help out."

You shook your head softly, the same warm smile still on your lips. "It's nothing much, really. You've helped me a lot and this is the only way I can think of to pay you back." you answered, shrugging your shoulders softly.

Steven scoffed while rolling his eyes playfully. He turned around and grabbed an extra coat before handing it to you. "You really don't have to pay me back. We're practically even."

You raised an eyebrow while slipping an arm in the coat. "Even, how?" you asked, slipping the other arm inside before fixing the coat to look neat.

"You've always helped me out, too. I've never got this much help for the past two years and it kind of stressing me out." Steven sighed but then quickly replaced it with a warm smile. "But thank the God, He had gave me an angel. I've been showered with blessings ever since!"

You giggled. "No need to give me that much of credits. I didn't do much."

Steven shook his head rapidly. "Oh trust me. You're the best thing that had ever happened to me." Steven admitted, pecked your lips for a moment before giving you a closed eyes smile. "Now, love, can you please call out people outside to come in? That would be a great help."

You quickly nodded eagerly and skipped your ways to the front door while Steven lowly chuckled at your childish behaviour and checked the list.

You opened the door and quickly was greeted with two Rubies - one had her neck grew as the other one helped holding her head.

"Hello! Come on in. Steven is waiting for you." you told, smiling softly at them.

"Thanks, (Y/N)." they both said in unison before walks in.

You smiled proudly, for not stuttering while inviting people in the house; usually you would be a nervous wreck and would always stutters terribly and ended up with you sulking to yourself.

But you have made a promise to yourself to not get scared or anxious anymore as you can do better and improvise yourself in the future, it went smoothly just like how you planned and you planned on keep it that way.

The Rubies had finally stepped out of the house and waved you goodbyes with a trail of thanks which you replied them with the same but with softer tone.

After a few seconds, a pack of Quartzes had their body parts all over the place with slight crack on their Gems stepped beside you, snapping you out of your daydreams and looked at them in worry.

"Oh, stars. What happened?" you asked softly.

One of the Quartz sheepishly scratched the back of her head and blushed sheepishly. "Volleyball got us rough." she told.

Your worried face quickly was replaced with laughing ones as you giggling with the back of your hand over your lips. You looked at them and smiled. "Well, Steven is in there. Make sure to be careful next time, alright?" you adviced.

Instantly, the pack blushed at your angelic aura and sheepishly nodded as they all thanked you for the advice.

You shook your head and motioned them inside; one by one Quartz ruffled your head as a gesture of thanks which you giggled at the greets.