𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝓈ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓃

It was finally morning and Steven had just woke up because of his annoying alarm closk rang loudly which echoed into the room, made it more annoying.

Steven groaned loudly before literally punched the clock's button, it was so annoying that it got to his nerves everyday.

As a reminder of 6 in the morning, Steven sat up on his bed with eyes closed and patted beside him, empty.

Let me give you a hint, empty.

Steven lazily looked beside him with his eyes half lidded, he hummed and went to the bathroom to do his morning routine and get ready for the day.

One.

Two.

Three.

With a foolish realization, Steven opened the door and looked around his room, panickly, and found you no where in his sight.

Where can you be in this early of morning?

He then panickly picked up the thick and comfy blanket upwards, seeing that you weren't there either.

Sweats began to dropped down his face, his teeth were clenching.

He ran downstairs with his eyes were as sharp as an eagle, looking every angle in the house.

"Guys! Where is she?" Steven yelled loudly, making the gems in the kitchen looked towards him.

The gems looked at each other before pointing to the couch, revealing you slept peacefully with a blanket covered your small form, sighing in your sleep.

Steven looked to your direction, sighed in relief before making his way to you.

"Why are you so up, Steven? It's not like she'll run away or something" Amethyst said, eating some weird looking sandwich.

Steven sighed once again, stroking your hair which was super duper smoother than what he thougjt it would be.

"It's just that... ever since what happened to her, it scares me" Steven said, stared at your tired form.

Your eyes had bags and purpleish bruise, your face was clearly and slightly looking pale, and your hair was such a mess.

But Steven still thought it was adorable.

Steven grinned slightly at your form, kissing the top of your head which healed your eye bags in instant.

"Oh, Steven. I forgot to inform you about this" Pearl suddenly spoke, making Steven flinched and looked at her. "Tomorrow, (Y/N) will be practicing her gem with me and the others. She seem to not know how it function so I wanted to give her a quite early start. Probably could ask Connie to help her too"

Steven froze at the speech, clearly he won't give the permission for you to train yet since you still had a lot of things to get used to before getting your first lesson about gem war.

But when Steven thought about it again, it was for your own safety too.

Whenever he weren't around, you will be able to protect yourself from dangerous guys there.

By yourself.

That means you are no in need of him anymore.

That means that you could finally be on your own, with him far away from your side.

That means, he doesn't have to be by your side.

Steven would never let you to train but when he reminded himself that it was for your own safety, he sighed in sadness and nodded.