ℰ𝓅𝒾𝓁ℴℊ𝓊ℯ

Your mother dryed her hands using a cloth nearby after she had done the dishes for the day, she huffed and looked around to see if there was something that she hadn't done in the kitchen, once she was confirmed she had done everything, she nodded and walked outside the kitchen room and into the living room where Karen and Junior was watching television at; your mother smiled ans sat beside Karen, slinging her hand on the armrest as she huffed tiredly, receiving a string of giggle from Karen, Junior was too focused on the cartoon to hear anything the grown up said.

"Slow day?" Karen asked your mother, patting her thigh.

Your mother rolled her eyes and groaned. "You have no idea. All my meetings are cancelled and nothing exciting is happening. I'm bored~" she groaned, slipping off the couch just like a kid who was overly bored waiting in a waiting room.

Karen laughed, grabbing a load of your mother's hair gently and started to braid. She smiled as she was doing so. "You should enjoy the holiday while it lasts. You don't get this opportunity often, you know?" she teased.

Your mother pouted, leaning her head on Karen's knees. Karen let her do so just like how she did previously. "I just hope I could see her again, you know?"

Karen raised an eyebrow. "(Y/N)?" she asked. Your mother nodded. Karen smiled at your mother's childish behaviour. "I miss her, too," she admitted.

Your mother closed her eyes, settling in with Karen's gentle touch on her head. "I can't believe the last time I saw her was in the hospital. How in the world did she got a rock in her stomach?" she complained. "Ugh, seeing my baby in that state is dangerous for my heart!"

Karen smiled at her words. "That's very lovely of you," she told.

"What is?" your mother asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

Karen giggled. She took another pile of your mother's hair and braided it. "You know. It's only been a week since you saw her and you're already too attached to her."

"How can't I be? She's in the hospital for over a month without me knowing! I swear I had a brief heart attack when I heard she was in the hospital!" your mother waved her hands around in the air.

Karen smacked her hands and told her not to move much. Your mother frowned and crossed her arms. "I know you mossed her dearly, but she has a life, too. You can't meddle much," she gently adviced.

Your mother sighed in defeat. "I know..." the doorbell was rung suddenly. Your mother stood up and dusted her shirt. "I'll get it," your mother told. Karen nodded and continued to snuggle with her son.

Your mother climbed downstairs, scratching her stomach that was suddenly being itched, once she arrived on the ground floor, she approached the door and opened it, eyes widening in surprise.

"Carra? What a pleasant surprise...?" your mother said, turning out to be questionable.

Carra smiled gently at your mother. "You seem disappointed. Were you expecting someone else?" she teased.

Your mother scoffed immediately. She waved her hand. "Psh, what? No! No, I'm not disappointed at all!" she quickly covered up.

"Really? I was looking forward for it, though," you came out from Carra's back with a wide smile.

Your mother's eyes widened as big as it could as her jaw dropped onto the ground. She spread her arms open in the light of speed which you giggled at. You engulfed her into a hug. "Oh, yes! I'm super disappointed! I wanna die in the corner if you didn't show up!" she exaggerated.

You giggled and gave her the last squeeze before parting. "You know, I'm not the actual surprise here," you told.

Your mother raised an eyebrow at your words and looked around to see if anyone was there but found none; again, another person stepped away from behind Carra's back and she swore she almost flipped a table when she saw it was a boy, he had curly hair and a very nervous smile.