𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝓇ℯℯ

"Here we are in the future,
Here we are in the future and it's bright!"

Steven began to sing slowly, turning to you and gave you one of his charming smile which you returned with one of your charming smiles; Steven squeezed your hands before looking back at the sky where the Diamonds and Spinel had left.

"Nothing to fear
No one to fight
I can't believe we've come so far
Happily ever after, there we were..."

Others laughed at their victory, Amethyst hugged Pearl's waist in joy which made Pearl laughed in amusement, Lion licked Greg's face, caught him off guard but he still let out a smile, Connie who saw the scene unfold let out a few giggles too.

You looked at the group of friends you have, you felt so lucky that you're in this moment, feeling very lucky that Steven had saved you even in the weirdest way, and you felt very lucky when Steven was the one who always made you happy; without knowing, you formed a huge smile, tears glistened in your eyes but you didn't let them fall.

Steven tugged your hand, made your attention moved to him. "Come on, let's go. I can't wait to lay on my bed!" Steven confessed, groaning softly.

You giggled at him. "I agree. Let's go, I don't want you to be more tired than you already are"

Steven quirked an eyebrow and smirked, walking back to the group with his hand intertwined with yours. "I'm surprised that you're worried about me, still. You literally just died 20 minutes ago!" Steven chuckled.

"I worry when I felt like I have too"

"You always worry!" Steven retorted.

You let out a sincere laugh. "That's how I am! Besides, I love all of you. You guys are the bestest thing that could ever happen to me. Especially you Steven"

Steven's cheeks brightened at your words, his hand clutched almost desperately in yours, he looked away, can't contain the unbearable heat on his cheeks as he holds your touch close, meanwhile you just giggled at him and laid your head on his shoulder sweetly.

"Steven! (Y/N)!" Connie called, waving at the two hybrids.

You and Steven waved back at the group, smiling so widely, you both started to jog over.

"Everyone in the van! We're going to meet everyone!" Greg said, already in the driver seat, honking every now and then.

The group smiled to each other before entering the van with no problem, everyone sat close to each other but you and Steven are closer, not that Steven minded anyway, he loved it when you're close to him, it made him felt relax knowing you're there.

You had your eyes closed and head on Steven's shoulder, ever so slightly fell into a short slumber; Steven looked down on your sleeping form, moved a strain out of your face, his face went brighter than before when he looked at your pretty angelic face up close; Steven turned his gaze away from you and caught his friends were staring, made Steven's cheeks went brighter in embarrassment.

"W-What?" Steven asked nervously.

Amethyst wiggled her eyebrows in a knowing look as Connie copied Amethyst. "You're in love~" Amethyst cooed.

"No need to deny it! We all see how you looked at her, with the love in your eyes" Connie said, copying Amethyst's tone.

Steven scoffed. "I-I'm not denying it. I indeed like her, what's more to it?" Steven answered.

"Oh my gosh, you are in love!" Connie shouted, squealing along with Amethyst beside her.

Steven shushed them, pointing at you sleeping peacefully on Steven's shoulder made them instantly shut heir mouths; Connie and Amethyst continued to tease Steven about his undying love for you, Steven didn't deny them once, they were all the truth and Steven felt like he didn't need to lie about it.