Twenty Seven

Jaxon walks into the apartment, followed by Chantel and Kirstin. They were here to work on a project for their fashion class.

"This is my apartment."

Chantel looks around. "Wow! It's so nice."

Kirstin nods her head. "It really is. How many people live here again?"

Jaxon sets his key down on the key rack. "Uhm...Six, but lately it's kinda only been five of us."

Chantel looks over, whispering. "Is this about Mia?"

Jaxon smiles and nods. "Yeah."

*
Jaxon, Chantel, and Kirstin were sitting at the kitchen table, fabrics, and threads spread everywhere.

Jaxon hums, looking at the mannequin. "We could do like...A long dress that flows outwards as it goes down?"

Chantel tilts her head, nodding. "Sure. What for the design though?"

Kirstin sits up in her chair, smiling. "Oh my god! Have you guys seen those dresses that cross at the chest? We could do that?"

Gavin walks into the house, Shawn behind him. Gavin looks over at them, a confused look on his face. He turns to Shawn, "Who are they?"

Shawn walks in ahead of Gavin, seeing Jaxon. "I'm pretty sure their Jaxon's friends, dude."

Gavin stands up straight, nodding. "Oh...Yeah, I knew that."

Shawn throws his keys and his bag down on the counter, walking over to them. "Hey, princess."

Jaxon looks up from his paper and smiles. "Hi. Oh, this is Chantel, and that's Kirstin."

Shawn smiles and waves at them. "Hi, ladies." Shawn kisses Jaxon once and looks down at the table. "What're you guys doing?"

"We have to make a clothing item. We're trying to decide on what to do."

Gavin walks in as well, looking at the table. Jaxon looks at him, "Oh this is Gavin. Gavin, Chantel, and Kirstin."

Gavin looks at Chantel and smiles. "Nice to meet you guys."

Chantel looks back up at him and smiles. "H-Hi."

Kirstin smiles to herself as the two look at each other. Gavin takes a gulp and looks away. "So, uh...What're you guys gonna make?"

"A dress. We're trying to decide the structure of it."

Chantel puts one hand on the back of her neck, looking down at the table.

**
AJ and Kai had been home for a few hours, now having met Chantel and Kirstin.

They had all left the three alone, though, so they could get some work down.

Kirstin smiles and looks up from where she was writing measurements down. "Saying this respectfully, Jaxon, your boyfriend is a very attractive man."

Jaxon smiles and looks up. "I know, right? It's...unbelievable."

Chantel looks up, biting her lip. "Gavin's dating...Mia, right?"

"Something like that, yeah."

Chantel nods and looks back down to her notebook. "Interesting."

Kirstin giggles. "Don't be a homewrecker."

Jaxon rolls his eyes, smiling. "Can't wreck an already wrecked home."

Chantel and Kirstin look at each other, gasping. "Oh my god! You did not!"

Jaxon looks up and blushes. "I-I'm sorry...I didn't mean to say that out loud."

**
Mia walks in a bag of food in her hands. She looks over at the table. "Hey?"

Jaxon was cleaning up the table. "Oh, hey Mia. Uhm, this is Chantel and Kirstin. We're partners for the project for Claudia's class."

"Uhm...Excuse me? I thought we were gonna be partners? What happened to that?"

Jaxon balls up some paper in his hands, walking over to her. "You skipped the last two days of class and it's due at the end of the week, Mia."

"And? We could've made it work? Who am I gonna work with now?!"

Kirstin was putting some fabric into a container, looking at Chantel. Chantel shakes her head and looks back at the two.

"I'm sure you can figure it out, Mia. You could do it with that group you hang out with all the ti-."

"Whatever, Jaxon." Mia rolls her eyes and walks by him.

Jaxon looks down at his hands and closing his eye for a split second. He lets out a sigh, throwing the paper into the trash can.

Chantel stands over to Jaxon, setting her hand on his shoulder. "You okay?"

Jaxon lifts his head and nods. "Yeah...I'm okay."

**
Jaxon waves goodbye to Chantel and Kirstin. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Bye!"

Jaxon smiles, closing the front door. He lets out a sigh and walks back into the kitchen where Mia was sitting doing homework. "I don't appreciate you embarrassing me like that in front of my friends."

"Yeah, well I don't appreciate you choosing them over me, Jaxon."

"I didn't-...What was I supposed to do? Wait for you to finally come to school? Make me do all the work?"

"I don't know but you could've at least check in with me! It's insulting!"

"No, I don't have to tell you everything! And chose them over you? You've been choosing Aaliyah over me for weeks!"

"Oh my god! Can all of you please fuck off about that? It's literally getting old."

"It's not old? It's literally happening right now! You're being so-."

Mia stands up, grabbing her bags and book. "Just
leave me alone. Please."

Jaxon watches as she walks away, slamming her bedroom door. Jaxon rolls his eyes, walking to his room and also slamming the door.

Shawn lifts his head off the pillow, furrowing his brows. "Princess?"

Jaxon shakes his head. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up."

"Wasn't sleep yet. Almost, you good?"

Jaxon nods his head, getting on the bed with Shawn. "Yeah. So? Thoughts on Chantel and Kirst?"

"They're nice. And pretty."

"I know, right? They're like...Gorgeous."

Shawn chuckles and smiles, grabbing Jaxon's arm to lay him down. "Gavin and Chantel, huh?"

"He's still with Mia."

"I know. Gavin isn't dumb. If he thinks she's attractive, he's not gonna act on it since he's in a relationship. Gav is a loyal dude."

"They sure did state at each other for a long time, though. Chantel was flustered."

"I don't blame her. Gav is handsome."

Jaxon smiles, putting his hand on Shawn's chests"Really? You have a crush on him?"

"Totally."

**