Thirty Two

Chantel sits down next to Jaxon, passing him his bag. "We found your stuff. Your bag was empty but, they just dumped everything out."

Jaxon grabs it and smiles. "Thank you."

Jaxon reaches in his bag, checking his wallet first. "They stole like...thirty dollars but...They left my bank card and stuff...You think they like...Took pictures of it and stuff?"

Chantel shrugs and she grabs Jaxon's wallet. "I don't think so. They weren't focused on that."

Jaxon nods and looks back down. He then grabs his phone, letting out a disappointed sigh. "Goddamit. They've completely shattered the screen. Can't see anything."

Chantel grabs the phone from Jaxon. "Hey, don't worry, this can be fixed."

Jaxon nods and stands up. "I'm gonna use the restroom."

Chantel watches as Jaxon walks away, wiping tears off his face. She frowns and looks back down at the phone.

Shawn walks back into the house, having bought Jaxon some iced coffee. He sets his things down on the counter. "Hey, Mia gone?"

"She's still packing stuff", Chantel gets up from the couch, handing Shawn Jaxon's phone, "They damaged it pretty bad. I think it was a group of guys."

Shawn grabs it. "Damn."

Jaxon walks back out of the bathroom, biting down on his lip. "Baby? Can I use your phone to call my mom, please?"

Shawn nods and slides his phone out of his front pocket, placing it in Jaxon's hands. "Of course. Hey, we can get this fixed okay? We can even get you a new phone if you want to."

Jaxon shrugs. "I'm gonna go sit outside and call my mom. Okay?"

Shawn nods. "Okay."

Jaxon sets his hand on Shawn's bicep for a quick second, just an intimate thing, before walking out of the house.

**
It was later in the day, Chantel and Kirstin had gone back to their dorms.

Jaxon was in the bedroom, laying down in Shawn's arms. They were laying in complete silence, per Jaxon's request.

Shawn had one hand under Jaxon's shirt, rubbing circles on his back.

Jaxon sniffs and wipes his tears quickly. Shawn frowns and looks down at him. "Princess?"

"I'm fine."

"You can talk to me. You know that?"

Jaxon doesn't respond, just closes his eyes in an attempt to stop his crying.

"I'm sorry for what happened, princess. I wish I could've been there. Please don't blame yourself-."

"How could I not? I took the drink from her like a fucking dumbass."

"Hey. Baby boy. Stop it. Right now, it is not your fault, you hear me? You couldn't have known and the only person who should be feeling bad is Mia and the other."

Jaxon hiccups as he cries harder. "Then why do I feel like the one who s-should crawl i-in a hole and never come out?"

Shawn frowns at that. Shawn softens his tone, "I know you feel embarrassed, pretty boy. And I know it hurts, okay? I get it but you cannot put the blame on yourself, alright?"

Jaxon grips his hand on the shirt Shawn was wearing, burying his face in his chest.

*
Shawn walks out of the bedroom, holding an empty glass. He sets it down on the counter and sees Kai sitting on the island, softly speaking to AJ on the phone.

Kai feels his presence and turns in her chair, giving a small smile. She moves the phone from her ear. "How's Jaxon?"

"Fell back asleep. Think he's sleeping everything off, finally. Uh, where's Gav?"

Kai points to the front door.

Shawn nods and smiles, walking past her. Shawn opens the front, seeing Gavin sitting on one of the steps, a lit cigarette in his mouth.

Shawn looks out ahead at the road, sighing before sitting down.

Gavin looks over at Shawn, taking a drag before blowing out the smoke. "Don't even say it."

"Not gonna. But...As always, could've rolled you a blunt instead of letting you smoke cancer."

"Ran out of weed."

Shawn nods and looks back down to his feet. "How are you doing, Gav?"

"What kind of fucking question-."

"Woah, man. I get it. I'm just trying to make conversation. You know, I do care about you and your well being."

Gavin nods, throwing the cigarette down and stepping on it. "I know...I'm sorry. How Jax?"

"Fell asleep. I don't know he's been kinda jumpy and stuff. But I asked how you're doing?"

"I don't know, dude. I was fine because I thought I was over her but fuck it hurts. And I can't get over what she did to Jaxon, what's wrong with her?"

"I'm not sure, man. She's...I don't know. I'm sorry. I know it hurts, I've been in that boat, you know?"

"It's not doesn't make any-."

Jaxon opens the front door, his hands bundled up into his sweater. He squints his eyes and looks down at the two. "Shawn?"

"Baby? Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Why did you leave the room?" Shawn can hear the tiredness in his voice.

He looks back down to Gavin, then back up to Jaxon. "Talking to Gav. I'll be back in, in a second, okay? Go lay back down."

Jaxon nods his head and turns back around into the house. Gavin turns back around, staring at the road. "Go ahead."

"Nah man, I-."

"It's fine. I kinda wanna be alone anyway. Swear. We can talk later, alright?"

Shawn nods his head and stands up, placing his hand on Gavin's shoulder. "Aight, man. Love you."

Gavin looks back out as Shawn walks in. He taps Kai on the shoulder, "Bring Gav a beer, please."

Kai nods and hips up from her seat. Shawn walks back into the room, seeing Jaxon standing in front of the full-body mirror, only some underwear on.

Shawn furrows his brows, shutting the door. "What are you doing?"

Jaxon jumps a little, turning around. He looks down at his ribs where he was kicked and punched, "I have a bruise."

Shawn walks over, reaching out to grab Jaxon. He places his hands down his sides, frowning. "I'm sorry, princess. Does it hurt?"

Jaxon looks down at his ribs and shrugs. "Not really. Just kind of sore."

"I'm sorry, beautiful boy." Shawn leans down, pressing a kiss to his bruise. "Come on, let's lay down."

Jaxon nods and grabs his tee-shirt from the floor, slipping it back over his body.

Shawn lays down first, holding his arms out for Jaxon. Jaxon smiles and lays down against him, pressing his head on his chest.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

**