Eighty One

Everyone had finally returned back to school a week later.

"I'm so glad you're back! Class was so boring without you!" Chantel grabs Jaxon's arm as they walk to the building together.

Jaxon smiles. "I saw you like...Two days ago."

"I know. But I seriously missed you. And Gavin. And all of you guys. How's Shawn doing?"

"Better, I think." Jaxon shrugs. "He went back to work today. Says being cooped up at the house isn't doing him any good. But his boss told him to take it one step at a time, if he needs to call off he can."

"That's good. I'm glad he seems to be doing better."

"He's definitely a fighter. I'm so proud of him."

Truth is, Shawn didn't return to work. And neither did Gavin. Kai and AJ had also yet to return to school as they were helping Shawn plan.

"So, how are you thinking of approaching this? Where do you wanna do it?"

"I dunno. I was thinking of like...A picnic of some sort. Very like secluded and private."

Kai smiles. "Oh! There's this really pretty garden AJ and I have been to. People make reservations for things like this all the time."

AJ nods. "It's the perfect spot. Especially in the afternoon. They set up these lights and it looks great."

Shawn smiles. "Cool. How much to make a reservation?"

"I'm not sure."

"Hm. Well, I was thinking of doing it this Saturday. I think it'd be the perfect time."

Gavin can't help but smile. "That's dope, man."

"But, one of you is gonna have to keep him occupied. He can't know I'm up to something and if I leave the house without a legitimate excuse he'll freak out."

Kai nods. "I got it. I can...Take him out. We can get our nails done or something. That'll buy like...An hour, maybe?"

"Okay. But, also make sure he doesn't check his phone."

"Why?"

"I won't have time to respond. If I don't answer within five minutes, Jaxon gets anxious and always assumes something bad happened to me. So, I don't want him to check his location."

"Got it. Keep him occupied." Kai says with a smile.

"And we can help you set up too," AJ responds.

Gavin nods. "Of course."

"Awesome. Thank you, guys."

Kai shakes his head. "Can I see the ring?"

Shawn nods and grabs the box. He'd gotten a box for it, as well as getting it polished and added a few more diamonds to it.

He thought he'd keep his mom's original ring, but add something different for Jaxon. Ever since he found the ring with his mom's things, he'd always thought about proposing to Jaxon with it.

Kai smiles and she looks at it. "God, this is so cute. I cant." She can feel herself becoming overwhelmed with emotion.

AJ looks down at her and smiles. "Oh, babe. Are you crying?"

Kai looks up and nods. "Yea. Fuck, I'm sorry. I just...I'm so happy for you two. And I'm so glad we're all here to witness it as a family."

AJ smiles and wraps his arm around her. "Aw."

Shawn smiles at her.

Kai shakes her head. "I'm just so happy. You guys deserve each other and I'm just so happy."

Gavin nudges Shawn. "You got her sobbing over here."

Shawn shrugs. "My bad, Kai."

Kai smiles and wipes her tears. "You'd think I'm the whole getting proposed to."

They all laugh and Kai hands Shawn the ring back. "You'd better get a video when you do this. I have to see his reaction."

**
Jaxon walks into the apartment after his last class. He groans as he sets his bag down on the ground.

He looks around the house, hoping to find someone. "Hello?"

Shawn appears in the kitchen to greet Jaxon. "Hi, princess. How was your first day back?"

"It was good," Jaxon leans up to kiss him once. "How about you? How was your first day back to work?"

Shawn shrugs his shoulders. "Ah, you know? Can't complain. It was...Work."

Jaxon furrows his brows and nods. "Okay? Did you go back to Mavericks?"

"Nah, not yet. I'll go back tomorrow. Hopefully, he isn't angry about my absence."

"I'm sure he'll be understanding. He's a nice guy."

"I know. How about you? We're your professors understanding of everything?"

Jaxon nods. "Mhm. And, I got most of my work turned in already. You know I'm a workaholic."

"That's right."

Jaxon smiles and looks around. "So, where's everyone else?"

"Uhm, I think Kai and AJ went to the gym, they're trying to get back in schedule and Gav went to meet up with Chantel."

"Oh, that's fun. So, do you wanna go get some food? I'm starving." Jaxon exclaims.

"Yeah, we can do that...Or we can.."

Jaxon smiles at Shawn. "The fact that sex is always at the forefront of your mind is crazy to me."

"Seriously? Have you looked in the mirror? How could sex not be the only thing on my mind?"

Jaxon blushes and pushes against Shawn's chest. "Shut up."

"I'm just saying...The house is free," Shawn pulls Jaxon in by his waist, leaning down to plant a few kisses on his neck. "And plus, we haven't had much time to lately."

Jaxon lets out a small laugh. "We literally just did on your birthday, remember?"

"Yeah, a week ago."

Jaxon smiles and pulls away a little bit. "Do you promise to buy me a nice meal afterward?"

"Anything you want."

**