Forty Five

a/n: double!!!

***

Jaxon brings his feet up into the passenger seat, watching as Shawn handed the cashier his bank card. "Gav and Chantel are so cute."

Shawn grabs his card back, glancing at Jaxon and nodding. He drives forward. "They are."

"You think they're gonna make it official finally?"

Shawn chuckles and shrugs. "I dunno, princess. They've only been on one date."

"One date? Shawn, they've been on like five?!"

Shawn shakes his head. "Nope. I'm pretty sure they both said they were just hanging out. Nothing was official until tonight."

"What? Who does that?"

"They were taking it slow, baby. Gav had just got out of a pretty long, and serious relationship. They didn't wanna rush it."

"Oh yeah...I mean...even so, I think they're gonna make it official."

**
When Jaxon and Shawn had gotten home, Chantel was now in some different clothes and she was asleep on the couch.

Jaxon tilts his head and points. "Are those...My shorts?"

Gavin appears from having gone to the bathroom. He scratches the back of his head. "Sorry...I just went in the laundry room and saw those-."

Jaxon shakes his head, smiling. "No, it's fine. I was just wondering," Jaxon turns to Shawn, "I'll be in the room."

Shawn smiles back at him and nods. Jaxon could always sense that those two needed to talk in private.

Shawn walks to the fridge to grab a water bottle. "So what's up?"

Gavin walks into the kitchen and leans against the refrigerator. "I think in the morning...I'm gonna ask her out. Like...to be my girlfriend."

"Really?!"

Gavin's eyes widen and he grabs Shawn's arm. "Keep your voice down!" Gavin whisper yells.

Shawn smiles and puts his hands up in surrender. "My fault, man. I'm happy for you." Shawn places a hand on Gavin's shoulder. "You sure you're ready? Like...one hundred percent?"

Gavin nods his head and looks at Shawn directly in the eyes. "Yeah, I think so. I...I heard what you said the other day...About Mia holding me back."

"Yeah? I thought you called me a slut."

Gavin laughs and shakes his head. "Seriously. I've been checked out of the relationship for over a year and...I think it's good for me to move on."

Shawn smiles. "I'm glad. Just...Please make sure you're ready mentally. Chantel is too good to get hurt."

Gavin nods his head and looks over at her where she was on the couch. "Yeah...Oh," Gavin turns his head back to Shawn. "By the way, you and Jax were loud. I mean...Louder than usual."

"The fuck? Why were you home?"

"Our movie got canceled. I didn't know that when everyone's out the house, the first thing you two think of is fucking."

Shawn shrugs and sips his water. "What can I say? And we were loud cause we assumed no one was home. We've had to learn to keep the volume down."

Gavin rolls his eyes. "Jesus. And don't worry, I won't mention it to your boy."

"Good. You know that shit makes him uncomfortable."

**
"You were right."

Jaxon looks up from where his head was laying on Shawn's chest as they were about to go to sleep. "Hm? About what?"