Sixty Four

"Not my brightest moment as a boyfriend, huh?"

Chantel watches as Gavin slips a hoodie over his head. She shrugs her shoulders. "We've all done stupid things."

"Gettin' wasted at one in the afternoon and crying about my ex? Yeah, that's...Beyond stupid."

Chantel frowns, hoping she didn't offend him. She stands from the bed, walking over to place her hand on Gavin's arm. "I didn't mean it like that."

Gavin looks down at her hand and nods. "I know. I just...I'm sorry."

Chantel shakes her head. "For what?"

"I feel like I put you in an uncomfortable position. I'm constantly having to talk about my ex and...You don't deserve that at all."

"I think the circumstances are different here. Mia is a lot more than just an ex. I completely understand."

"I know...And I appreciate you for saying that."

Chantel smiles at him. She leans up to kiss him once before pulling away. "Do you wanna talk about it? Her, I mean?"

"Uhm...No, it's okay. Quick question, though."

"Okay?"

"Wanna go out on a date? Take both our minds off of yesterday's shenanigans?"

Chantel's lips turn up into a smile and she nods her head. "I'd love to."

***
Jaxon had his legs across Shawn's lap, with a textbook in his lap doing some homework. Shawn was holding one of Jaxon's feet, giving him a massage while watching TV.

Gavin suddenly burst into the room, causing the couple to both to turn their necks to look at him.

Gavin sighs and trudges over to their bed before flipping down, face first.

Jaxon glances from Gavin to Shawn before nudging Shawn with his elbow. 

Shawn nods and looks over at Gavin. "Gavvv," He drags his name out. "What's going on?"

"I'm so miserable." He mumbles against the bed.

"You good, bro? What happened?"

"Well...Chantel told me she was okay with me talking about Mia but...After she left, she called me, canceled dinner with me, and said we'll talk more tomorrow."

Gavin sits up in the bed and frowns. "Maybe I moved on too quickly."

Shawn shrugs his shoulders. "You're over Mia, though."

"Yeah but the wound is still fresh. And all this shit coming out about her drugging Jaxon cause she got an abortion? I mean...I know we weren't in a bad place but she couldn't tell me?"

"Yeah. It's understandable."

"She's gonna break up with me. I feel it. I think I should probably...I don't wanna hurt her."

"So...You're just gonna give up on her?"

Gavin shrugs his shoulders and looks at the ceiling. "Why not? I'm a piece of shit. I can't do anything right."

Shawn rolls his eyes. "Yeah, that's great thinking, Gav."

"Fuck off, Williams. I'm serious." Gavin sits up on the bed and sighs.

"Okay, well, I know you're smarter than just giving up. So, cut the bullshit pity party."

"Bro..?"

"I'm serious? You told me the same shit with Jaxon. Don't give up cause sometimes it feels shitty. Stop looking at the negative all the time."

Gavin rolls his eyes and stands up from the bed. "Good talk."

Shawn turns around. "Come on, man."

"No, it's whatever. I'll be back...Going out."

Shawn watches as he storms out of the room, slamming the door behind himself. Shawn sighs and rests his head back down on the headboard.

Jaxon frowns and closes his textbook. "Was that the right way to talk to him?"

Shawn tilts his head to Jaxon and shrugs. "What am I supposed to do? Sweet talk him? Shit isn't high school anymore. Needs to get a grip."

Jaxon nods his head. "Okay but...I think you could've like...Been a little nicer."

Shawn rolls his eyes. "I wasn't being rude?"

Jaxon nods his head again, looking back down to his textbook. "Okay."

**
After dinner which Kai and AJ had prepared together, Jaxon settled on cleaning the kitchen by himself.

Kai smiles and she hops up onto one of the counters. "So? What's up? You were awfully quiet at dinner tonight."

Jaxon looks over at her and shrugs. "Really? Didn't even notice." He looks back down to the dish in his hands.

Kai frowns. "You sure?"

Jaxon shrugs his shoulders. "It's nothing. Shawn's just being kinda mean lately."

"Mean?"

"Just passive-aggressive. I don't know if notices it. He's just being weird." Jaxon sets a cup into the dishwasher.

"I'm sorry. Have you tried talking to him?"

Jaxon nods. "I will. I'm sure it's nothing. I'm probably just being overly sensitive."

"Okay. You'll let me know, right?"

Jaxon smiles. "Of course."

*
Jaxon gets into bed, turning in his small lamp. He slides his glasses up his face as he opens his textbook back up.

Shawn walks back into the bedroom from the bathroom after taking a shower. He holds the towel where it folds and smiles at Jaxon. "Studious again?"

Jaxon looks up and nods. "Gotta finish this chapter tonight."

Shawn slides his underwear on before plopping down on the bed. "You've been reading all day. Can you take a break?"

Jaxon looks over at Shawn when he feels his hand on his leg, beginning to slide up and down.

Jaxon shakes his head. "I can't, baby. Maybe later."

Shawn lets go of Jaxon's leg and stands back up. "M'kay." Jaxon watches him as he walks over to their TV to turn the gaming console on.

He shakes his head before looking back down to his book.

**