Fifty Five

a/n: it is finals week which is why i've been m.i.a but i also think the upload schedule is too stressful for me and i prefer to freely update but idk yet. anyways enjoy !!

**

Shawn hands Jaxon his water bottle, letting him take a few sips from it. He sits down next to him on the bed. Jaxon wipes under his eyes.

"I'm sorry for having a panic attack like that. Hasn't happened in a while."

Shawn frowns and reaches down, grabbing Jaxon's hand. "It's fine. You're under a lotta stress. I'm sorry for stressing you out."

Jaxon looks up at him, smiling. He looks down at the promise ring on his finger. "Can I explain myself? Could we both like...Communicate about it?"

Shawn nods his head. "Of course." Shawn clears his throat. "I can go first since you need to calm down."

"Okay."

Shawn sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. He grabs Jaxon's chin so he could look at him. "I...I know I was being kind of dramatic...And shutting you own was really stupid but-."

Shawn shakes his head and brings his hands up to quickly wipe under his eyes. "Hearing those words?-" Shawn's voice started cracking.

"Hearing those words hurt. Especially from you. And I know you slipped up and said the wrong thing but when you said that, all I could think about is how much we've been through together and it hurt so bad."

Jaxon frowns as he keeps eye contact with Shawn.

"We fight for each other so I just felt like you'd...Given up and I was terrified of what was to come."

"I'm sorry-."

"Hey, I'm not done, baby. I'm not mad at you. And...I'm an ass for not taking into consideration all the shit that's happened to you. So, I'm sorry. For breaking one of the rules which is to always talk things out. You taught me to not shut people out and I did it again so I'm sorry."

Jaxon nods his head, tears running down his face. Shawn smiles at him and shakes his head. "God, you're so emotional, princess."

Jaxon wipes his face and looks down at the bed. "I just...I feel like I keep fucking up and...Bad stuff keeps happening to me and I just...Seeing you hurt like that was-."

"Oh, baby boy." Shawn grabs Jaxon onto his lap so he can hug him. He shakes his head. "Hey, you're okay, baby. It's okay."

Jaxon lets Shawn hug him, leaning against him and crying. "We've all been there, princess. It's okay...And I'm sorry Claudia was so horrible to you...I'm so sorry that people can't see past your sexuality but you know your worth, babe."

Jaxon nods his head against Shawn's chest. "Yeah."

"And you know this doesn't define you. You're gonna have plenty of opportunities to show out and prove your worth. They'll see you for the art you create and how expressive you are."

Jaxon sniffs and pulls away. "I love you."

Shawn smiles, bringing his hand up to push some of Jaxon's hair off his forehead. He cups Jaxon's cheek. "I love you, too."

Jaxon pulls away and smiles at him. Shawn smiles back before leaning in to kiss him. Jaxon wraps his arm around Shawn's neck, kissing back.

**
Jaxon was laying down next to Shawn, catching his breath. He turns over to look at Shawn, a small smile on his face. "Is it too early for jokes?"

Shawn shakes his head, smiling back. "No. Do you know who I am?"

Jaxon giggles and sits up a little. "You thought I was embarrassed to be with you when I let you do that to me?"