Eleven

Shawn grabs Jaxon's arm to calm him down. Jaxon shakes his head and sets his beer down. "I'm actually tired. Maybe we can all hang out again tomorrow."

AJ nods. "Yeah. Maybe we should call it a night."

Jaxon gets up from where he was sitting and goes into his and Shawn's bedroom. Shawn looks over at Aaliyah. "I'm not sure if you did that to be purposely rude, but it takes a lot for him to be comfortable with his sexuality. You should apologize."

Aaliyah looks up at Shawn before looking back down to the beer in her hands.

Shawn gets up and walks to the bedroom to comfort Jaxon. Kai looks over at AJ and nods.

She stands up before turning back to Aaliyah.

"Look, you may have just worded it wrong but, if you're gonna stay here, you're gonna have to accept the fact that two gay men are living here. Okay?"

Aaliyah looks up and nods. "Got it." She looks back down to her hands and rolls her eyes.

Gavin walks away to the hall closet to grab her a blanket and pillow. He walks back into the living room and hands them to her. "Here ya go."

Mia stands up and smiles. "It's okay, Liyah. Uhm, sleep well."

**
The next morning, Jaxon got up before Shawn as always and decided to take a hot shower to help his small hangover.

Shawn wakes up and reaches over to grab Jaxon when he feels he's not there. He lets out a groan and sits up, looking around before registering that he was in the bathroom.

He lets out a loud yawn and stretches his arms above his head before throwing the comforter off his body. He gets up, walking into the bathroom.

"Babe?"

Jaxon peaks his head out from the shower curtain and smiles. "Morning."

Shawn wipes his eyes and walks over to him. "Mm. Why you showering so early?"

"Early? It's eight-thirty."

Shawn rolls his eyes and leans in to kiss him once. "Way too early."

Jaxon smiles. "Wanna join me?"

**
Kai starts a lot of coffee as AJ was cleaning up from last night. AJ walks into the kitchen, setting the empty beer bottles into the trash can.

He sits down at one of the barstools before looking back at the living room where Aaliyah was still sleeping. He turns back to Kai and shakes his head.

"Babe, you know I'm a positive person but...I don't think I like her. Making stabs like that at Jaxon? What was the point."

Kai grabs the carton of eggs out of the refrigerator and nods. "I know. Me either. We already told her she could stay though. Maybe we need to, lay down some rules. The first one being that homophobia doesn't sit right with anyone in this house."

AJ shakes his head. "I hope Jax is okay. He seemed really hurt at that comment she made. And was I the only one who noticed she was cutting him off every time he tried to speak?"

Kai draws her eyebrows together and shakes her head. "What? I don't remember that. Maybe you're reading into it, AJ." Kai cracks the egg into the bowl and grabs a whisk.

AJ sits back and crosses his arms. "You know I adapt well to people, Kailani...I just...I don't know. I hate being that person."

Kai smiles and grabs AJ's hand. "I know, baby. That's something I love and adore about you. If you really have a problem we can try talking to everyone, okay?"

AJ nods. "Okay."

**
Shawn walks out of his bedroom and smiles at the smell. "Mm. Who's cooking breakfast?"

Kai smiles and looks over with the spatula in her hand. Shawn takes a seat next to AJ. "I don't ever think I've eaten this consistently since my mom was alive, I'm kinda enjoying it."

Jaxon walks out, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Way to make things depressing, Williams."

Shawn looks over at Jaxon and smiles, shrugging his shoulders. "It's my specialty."

Jaxon smiles and rolls his eyes. "Oh, whatever." He reaches into the cabinet and grabs a mug, pouring himself some coffee before taking a sip.

AJ shakes his head. "I don't mean to judge, but, I will never understand how someone drinks black coffee. No sugar, no creamer like...It's taste like rubber."

Jaxon brings his cup up to his lips and smiles. "No, it doesn't. It tastes good. Here, take a sip."

AJ grabs the mug, looking down at it. "It looks like tar. Literal tar."

Shawn lets out a chuckle and watches as AJ takes a sip, making a grossed-out face. He squints his eyes, his nose wrinkling and he sticks his tongue out.

Jaxon smiles and laughs, grabbing his mug back. "Well, I like it."

Aaliyah wakes up due to the loud conversations in the kitchen. She sits up and throws her hair up into a loose bun.

Jaxon stands next to Kai, them making small conversation.

Aaliyah walks over to the kitchen, sitting on one of the barstools next to Shawn. She looks over at him and smiles. "I'm sorry about last night."

Shawn glances over, crossing his arms. "You're apologizing to the wrong person."

Aaliyah looks over at Jaxon and leans against the countertop. "Maybe after breakfast? He seems to be in a good mood?"

Shawn gives minimal eye contact and shrugs his shoulders. "Whatever you want."

Mia walks into the kitchen, smiling. "Good morning, everyone." Gavin walks out behind her, less enthusiastic. He walks straight to the coffee machine to fill his cup up, not saying a word.

Jaxon turns away from Kai go walks over to Shawn, though he sees Aaliyah sitting next to him. AJ looks at him and scoots down one chair, so there was a free one next to Shawn. "Here ya go."

Jaxon smiles. "Thank you."

**