Forty Six

a/n: new upload time for this book is 5:30! hope you enjoy!!

**

Within the next few weeks, Chantel had been popping up around the apartment more frequently. She had been staying over since she was living in the dorms.

Jaxon wakes up in the middle of the night, his throat feeling dry. He sits up in bed and turns on the small lamp, but frowns when he sees that his usual full cup of water was empty.

He turns his head to look at Shawn's side, which also didn't have anything. He stands up, grabbing a shirt off the ground to walk into the kitchen.

He gasps when he sees Chantel in the kitchen, grabbing a snack. "Jesus! I didn't know you were here."

Chantel smiles. "Sorry. Gav invited me over a few hours ago."

Jaxon shakes his head and smiles. "No, you're fine. Just...Took me by surprise."

Jaxon goes into the fridge to grab a water bottle. He starts to walk back to his room before turning. "Night."

Chantel smiles at him. "Goodnight."

Jaxon walks back into his bedroom, closing the door behind himself. He gets back into bed, sitting next to Shawn's sleeping figure before taking a large chug from his water bottle.

Chantel walks back into Gavin's room, smiling. "I just scared the life out of Jaxon."

Gavin looks over and smiles. "Really? What'd you do?"

"He didn't know I was here. Guess he didn't expect to see anyone in the kitchen."

Gavin chuckles. "Probably not. And your schools okay with this? You spending the night somewhere else?"

"Yeah, we have a curfew to get back but we don't necessarily have to."

"Ah, that makes sense. Your roommates not lonely, right?"

"Nah. I'm sure she's enjoying this time to facetime her boyfriend in private."

**
Jaxon wakes up again, this time it being morning. He turns his body so he's facing Shawn. He scoots in to be closer to him if that's even humanly possible.

Shawn opens his eyes to the feeling, opening his arms and cuddling him tighter. "Morning, princess."

"Mornin," Jaxon mumbles against Shawn's chest.

"What time you got class today?"

Jaxon tilts his head back. "Mm. Eight. And as Claudia's new assistant, I have to be there at seven-thirty."

Shawn rolls his eyes. "Damn. I was hoping to get at least another hour of you in bed."

Jaxon giggles and snuggles his head back down. "Who said I was getting up yet?"

"How is it being Claudia's-."

"I made breakfast! Come eat!" Chantel yells as she pounds on the bedroom door. "Hurry up!"

Shawn groans and lets go of his grip on Jaxon. "When did she get here?"

Jaxon smiles and sits up. "Late last night." He grabs one of Shawn's hoodies off the floor, sniffing it before slipping it over his head. "Come on. I'm hungry."

Shawn sighs and stands up. "I need to put some clothes on first."

Jaxon smiles, sitting back down on the bed. "Why? You should become an exhibitionist. You have the body."

"Baby...That was like a seven-letter word, I dunno what that is."

"Thirteen letters. And it's like...Someone who likes showing off their body."

Shawn grabs his sweatpants from the dresser, shrugging. "Just...To anyone?"

"I think so. You make a perfect candidate."

Shawn chuckles and walks over to Jaxon. He places both hands on either side of Jaxon's face, leaning down. "Well, I personally think you have the body type for that."

Jaxon blushes and reaches up to grab Shawn's wrist. "You're more attractive to lo-."

Chantel knocks on the door again. "Foods gonna get cold, you guys!"

Shawn drops his hands from Jaxon's face. "I hate hyper people. It's seven in the morning, goddamn."

Jaxon giggles and stands up. "Stop being so pouty. Come on."

**
Jaxon walks into the school building, making his way down to Claudia's classroom. He opens the door, sighing. "I'm so sorry I was late...I had an issue with my car and I had to get a ride before my-."

"Save it. Come here."

Jaxon blushes and walks over to Claudia, taking a seat at her desk. "What's up?"

"What is this?"

Jaxon gulps and looks down at her desk. "Oh...Y-you said to work on some new designs for the fall collection and-."

"And? I said fall collection. Not...You're gonna find this at a thrift store in two years."

Jaxon furrows his brows and points to his designs. "These patch jeans are in style right now...They got for almost forty dollars in stores right now."

"That's not the point. The point is that they're ugly. Ugly makes people talk, and the only kind of talk we need is the good kind. Move."

Jaxon stands up from the seat, crossing his arms. "I thought this was a partnership opportunity. Shouldn't you be giving me constructive criticism?"

Claudia looks up at Jaxon. "I found the pieces you submitted to be great. I loved how you paired the pieces together, but this? It's garbage."

Claudia grabs the paper, ripping it out of the sketchbook. She tears the paper apart and throws it in the trash can. "Do it over. Bring me something stunning tomorrow."

Jaxon gulps as he feels his face get red from embarrassment. He grabs his sketchbook from off the desk. "I gotta get to class".

Jaxon shakes his head and slams the door open, walking away. Mia watches from a distance and can see the doubt in his face.

She nudges Aaliyah, a smile on her face. "Did you see him?"

"No. What happened?"

Mia looks over at Claudia's classroom. "Looks like someone doesn't like little miss perfect."

Aaliyah laughs and shakes her head. "I still don't get why Claudia picked him to win...His stuff was mediocre."

Mia nods her head. "Yeah...Wait a minute. What's a way you think he could lose his spot? Like...Something Claudia would hate about him."

Aaliyah chuckles. "Aside from the fact that he's probably a size zero in women's jeans?"

Mia laughs at that and shrugs. "Hm."

Aaliyahs eyes widen. "Wait...Are we really scheming?"

Mia nods. "We are."

"Okay...Well...How would Claudia react to her assistant being a pillow biter? That's gotta be bad for business, right?"

Mia's smiles disappear for a second, knowing she'd usually defend those types of terms. She turns to Aaliyah and shrugs. "You read my mind."

**