A 'hmph' slipped from my mouth and I looked towards the front of the yard stubbornly, "I knew what I was doing, I was just... waiting for the right time to apply my plan." My head whipped towards him, already sensing that victorious smirk on his lips, "I'm not a damsel in distress, Romeo!"

"Is that so?" He laughed.

"Yes. Yes, it is."

"Buttercup, I don't know if you've ever had your butt kicked by a nine-year-old girl with pigtails before, but let me tell you, I think most boys learn to never mess with a girl like that." He chuckled shaking his head, "You're far from a damsel in distress, it's a little scary actually," We both laughed at that, "But at some point, you ladies are going to have to save a few victories for the men too." He explained playfully.

There it was again! That stupid... whatever you want to call it when my stomach and heart did that flippity thing! 

Forcing a scowl onto my face, I pouted my lips a little, looking anywhere but him while I tried to subside the red in my cheeks. I didn't care if it was dark outside or not, Kaden seemed to have the sharpest pair of eyes I'd ever come across. I'm sure he'd be able to see anything in the dark and I was not letting him take a shot at my pride again.

I was not blushing for Kaden Reyes and I demand the red in my cheeks to halt this instant or else... no KitKats for a week!

"I like that girl already." I murmured, the corner of my lips twitching a little.

"I'm sure you do." His brow arched a little to emphasize his words. "I hope you know the nurses laughed at me when I asked for an icepack..."

I burst out laughing, kicking my legs that hung over one arm, a little, "Really?!"

"Hell yeah! They laughed even harder when they watched me walk out of there with one of those frozen sponges they call an icepack, on my ass!"

Oh god, this was hilarious!

"You shouldn't have pulled my hair on the playground." Folding my arms over my chest, I looked at him sassily.

He laughed, "I guess I learned that the hard way."

"Yes, you did."

Waving at Isabella and Cole one last time over Kaden's shoulder, we passed through the small little white gate and I quickly opened my car. Kaden carried me around the car and set me gently on my feet when we arrived at my car door—of course, that was after he opened the door.

Idiot, idiot, idiot.

Standing on my toes before coming back down on my heels, I glanced at him, a little grin on my face, "Don't go getting into any trouble without me, mister." I narrowed my eyes playfully, pointing my finger at him.

"No promises." He smirked.

Laughing, I slid into my car, shutting the door behind me and rolling down my window. "Alright, night, dork."

"Night, buttercup. Don't dream about me too much." Winking, he stepped back, allowing me room to drive away, but before I could get my foot on the accelerator, he called out for me again. "My last request..."

I arched a brow at him, "Yes?" This should be interesting...

He smirked, his hands sliding into the front pockets of his sweatpants, "Look in the basket when you get home. Not now, but when you get home."

"Is there going to be one of those fake dead rats who used to put in my lunch boxes?"

"No, I got rid of those things a long time ago... They were freaking me out too." He grimaced a little.