21

The guys, Casey, and I stayed in the pool a little longer before moving to the hot tub for a while. Nolan blasted the jets in there and to say that Cole and I were more than pleased was an understatement. The whole time, Cole had sat in front of the jets, trying to get his swim trunks to balloon up before he'd float to the surface and pop them.

We didn't stay more than an hour in there before we were all getting out, toweling off to go inside the warm house and watch a movie and eat some more food.

Holding the towel in between my teeth while I changed, I slid my undergarments on and my shorts, pulling a hoodie over my head before laying my towel out carefully on the pool chair along with my suit. Everyone else kept their suits on, but I was already freezing my lady bits off and it certainly didn't help that the night was cooler, a soft chilling breeze blowing through the air. By the end of the night, I'd be a living ice cube. 

Wringing my hair out and tying it into a tight knot onto the top of my head, I dug my hands into the front hoodie pocket and went hunting for a slice of pizza.

Opening the Hawaiian box sitting on the counter beside the grill, I squealed, topping my plate with four slices and doing a little happy dance. Licking my fingers clean of grease, I heard a voice talking from somewhere else, glancing at one of the darker corners of Nolan's backyard and finding Kaden talking quietly on the phone with someone.

I was too far away to hear anything, but something in me peeked interested. Who was he talking too? What was he talking about? I studied his face through the dark, the dim lighting of the pool helping to illuminate his furrowed brows and concerned look on his face. Was he... okay?

His eyes flickered across the pool and I ducked my head, nearly springing back into the house where everyone else was lounging in the dark living room, sprawled along the couches or on the floor. Blankets were tossed everyone, some laying on top of them, some under them, some blankets laying as a useless blob on the corner.

Who had Kaden been talking too? The question stuck in my head longer than it should have, but with a shake of my head, I pushed it to the farthest and darkest corner of my head.

Casey sat squished between Zach and Cole with a very, unhappy look on her face, I snickered and inched over bodies, accidentally stepping on one of the guys in an area where I'd prefer not to discuss... Let's just say he wasn't happy and I was definitely going to scrub my foot with bleach.

Plopping down at the end of the same couch Casey was on, Nolan leaned back into me, his head in my lap as he peered up at the plate. "Pizza? You know I had a few more burgers made for you, right?"

I nodded, running a hand through his slightly damp hair as he laid on me, "I know. I ate them already." I grinned sheepishly.

"Jeez, woman! You put this whole football team to shame and the unfair part is the fact that you don't pack it anywhere." Nolan chuckled, shaking his head in my lap, "You're practically a stick!"

"I'm not a stick!"

"Fine. A stick with some curves."

I nodded in approval, taking a bite of the pizza and chewing happily, "That's better." Rolling his eyes, Nolan looked back towards the TV where everyone else was watching some movie Zach had picked.

Leaning back into the armrest of the couch, Nolan laying on top of me, I ate my pizza in peace for a while. Kaden had come back a few minutes later and I watched as he sat down in his place on the couch across from me. And as if sensing my stare, his eyes met mine from across the room. He smirked, winking at me.

Idiot.

Rolling my eyes, I went back to eating my pizza, but that was all halted again when a flash came from across the room and Kaden was gazing down at his phone. The screen flickering with light and I found my brows slowly seeping down my nose. Who was texting him? Was everything okay?