34

It was Kaden's mom! It was his flipping mom!

Oh god, oh god, oh god!

What was I thinking?!

She probably hated me now! What if she thought I'd actually had a threesome because the first thing I said when she walked in the room was that we weren't having one?! Or-Or what if she thought I was some wicked thing trying to seduce her son?! OH GOD, that was far from what was happening! I would never, ever, never-ever seduce her son! I didn't even know how to seduce someone! I mean, me?! Seducing someone?!

Dear lord that would be frightening!

There was this one time that Nolan and Casey were trying to coach me into asking this cute boy into going to the school dance with me. We had this whole plan set up and everything, but to call it a success would be a lie...

I don't exactly think that Cas and Nolan considered blinking both eyes aggressively as winking, nor did I think they considered that weird limp walk I was doing anything close to the 'sexy strut' they had in mind. And I think it was safe to say that after I fell on my face in front of the guy, he didn't want anything to do with me.

So, HA! Me seducing anyone?! That definitely wasn't happening anytime soon, especially considering the number of Batman underwear in my dresser that was far from anything sexy...

Maybe if I told Mrs. Reyes that we weren't having a threesome and I wasn't trying to seduce her son, then she'd believe me!

"Um-"

Kaden placed a warm hand over my mouth, grinning sheepishly at his mother as she arched a questioning brow at the two of us. "Hi, mom."

Was that an accent? I swear I heard an accent when he said that! What the heck?!

It wasn't the British one Casey fawned over, his was... it sounded different... I liked it.

My thoughts burst like a bubble when all at once a crazy mop of blonde hair was shooting up and slithering up towards Isabella like one of those kids who snitched. "My, my, my, what do we have here?!" Cole snickered, taking in the position Kaden and I were in like he had never seen it before. Idiot. "Now what should we do with you two? I think it's been a while since your son has gotten a proper time out, Isabella."

Little shit.

"Shut up, Cole," Kaden grumbled above me.

Crap, crap, crap! Think, Emily, think!

My cheeks flushed a bright red and I pulled Kaden's hand from my mouth, ready to splutter some explanation that might point to any other conclusion than the one Mrs. Reyes was probably coming to right now.

All at once, she started laughing. She was freaking laughing?!

I swear, this was the second time today I felt like I had been kicked on my ass by someone laughing when I expected them to hulk kick them off my property... I guess Kaden was really her son then... I mean they did look like each other.

"I can see that." Isabella laughed, clutching her stomach as she referred to my previous threesome comment. "I'm pretty sure we all know that it happens with a lot less clothing."

My jaw slammed against the ground.

What now?!

"Mom!"

Isabella waved a hand, grinning sneakily at her son, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding...though I hope you've been using protection."

"MOM!" Kaden whined, getting off me gently and walking over to his mom. "Penso che tu la stia spaventando, mamma."