17

My hand slammed against my phone, tapping around a few times until the music of my alarm finally shut off. After the last few days, I'd officially gotten sick of that stupid alarm clock on my bedside table. The obnoxious ringing in the morning was setting my teeth on edge, so I decided to go with an alarm on my phone that would wake me with the current trending hits on the radio...I hated that too.

Sitting up, I blinked a few times, still groggy with sleep. A soft meow came from my side and I immediately perked up, looking down at the ball of orange fur beside me. Last night, dad had brought home Tiny Tina III from the vet and to say I was happy was an understatement. I had been over the moon about it! I missed my baby!

Tina was a rather large, orange cat with thick fur that was probably as soft as silk. She was basically just a giant ball of fur. Half of the time I wanted to die because she was so darn cute, and that was really saying something because I wasn't really an animal person, but Tina was so flapping cute! I couldn't control the constant 'aweing' I was doing. This girl could seriously bring me to my knees and I wouldn't even be sorry about it.

Scooping her up into my arms and planting a kiss on her head, she made a throaty sound, most likely petrified at my current bride of Frankenstein status. Running my hand down her fur, I flopped back on my bed, scrolling through some texts from Casey and Nolan who were bickering back on forth about something for tonight's little hang-out.

Thank god it was Friday... I was done with this week already. Being backed up with work, football stuff, and handling a certain... person, I was physically and emotionally wiped out. I'd have to wait until Saturday to get a good night of sleep because I knew that Nolan and the guys wouldn't let me sleep at all tonight. It was a silent guarantee that whenever the guys and I slept over at Nolan's, there was no way anyone was getting any sleep. And if you did want to actually catch any Z's at all, you'd better find a secure location to do so, unless you wanted marker and pen on your face or to wake up floating on a mattress in the pool... I learned the hard way.

Quickly skimming through my texts, I realized there was a text that had been left unread... one that wasn't from Casey or Nolan about nipple piercings or giant tattoos of certain... male reproductive organs, on their foreheads.

Then I saw who it was.

What. The. Flapping. Mother?!

It was freaking Kaden! How did he get my number?! More importantly, how did I already have his number registered into my phone?! Wait. What did that say? There was no way his contact name was...

Yes, it was.

Kaden the Sexy Beast.

When the heck did he get ahold of my phone?! How did he get through my password?! Tiny Tina III is not an easy password to guess!

I read the text a few times, feeling like I had imagined the whole thing. I still didn't understand how he got my phone in the first place? It's either always in my bag or on me. And to open my passcode? Wow... I was really bad at making passwords...

Kaden the Sexy Beast: Your wish has finally come true, buttercup. Now, are we doing this at my house or yours?

What the heck? What the flip? WHAT?!

Scoffing, Tina jumped a little at the sudden sound but I paid no attention to her...for now. I wrote back;

Me: How the hell did you get my number?

A bubble formed on his end before I was staring at a reply;

Kaden the Sexy Beast: Sources, none that you need to concern yourself with. Now, do you like my little contact name? It's just fitting, isn't it?