35

"Kaden Alexander Reyes! You almost hit her with a car?!" Isabella shrieked, hitting pause on the video we were watching on the projector.

Dinner had finished awhile ago and to say that I was happy, was an understatement. Aiden was right when he had said Isabella was one of the best cooks he had ever come across, her food was awesome! I swear I had eaten so much pasta and chicken that I could barely feel my toes anymore!

Throughout dinner, I noticed an absence that took the shape of the empty chair beside Isabella, but found out through a phone call to say 'I love you', that Kaden's father was in New York conducting business. So it had just been the four of us eating together where then after, we all made our way into the theater room to watch old tapes from a recorder Kaden used to take with him everywhere.

"I like to think of it as her jumping in front of my car." Kaden shot me a smirk from where he sat on the floor beside my legs. He looked back at his mom, winking playfully, "She's needy."

Rolling my eyes at him, I nudged him with my sock-covered foot playfully, "You keep telling yourself that, Romeo."

"Oh, I will." He smirked, grabbing my leg and pulling it onto his lap.

My eyes bulged a little and I started to pull my foot away, but he kept a steady hand on my leg, keeping my foot perched on his lap with a hand over it.

The smarter thing would have been to kick him in the face and pull my foot away, but... I was content and to be honest, I was too full to really do anything, so I let him keep my foot...for now.

Kaden seemed to realize that for he tipped his head over his shoulder a little, a grin sitting on his lips.

Arrogant.

Isabella blew out a breath, shaking her head at her son, "Caro Dio."

"Is that the way you've been picking up chicks lately? How sad..." Cole sighed from the couch set directly across from us.

"It's better than using that GUDA-looking pickup ghetto you use."

Cole shrieked in outrage, lurching from his place on the couch. It looked like he was having a seizure more than anything. "That was one freaking time! ONE TIME! Peace, people! Freaking peace!"

"His what now?" Isabella laughed, leaning forward in interest, her eyes glimmering with amusement.

"He once used-"

"-NO! I will not let you ruin my image in front of Mama Reyes!" Cole shrieked again, waving his arms around threateningly, shooting a smug-looking Kaden, a glare.

Isabella narrowed her eyes, "Now I really want to know."

"Nope, no, nada! I refuse!" He sat back down in his seat, folding his arms over his chest like a five-year-old throwing a temper tantrum.

"I'll get it out of you one way or another, mister Cole." Isabella teased, narrowing her eyes into slits.

Laughing, I shook my head at the two as Cole pressed play on the remote-control thing for the projector. He had snatched the remote earlier and demanded he control it, so that's where we were about now.

The video finished playing, one of a little Kaden huffing and puffing behind the camera as he chased after an almost naked and screaming Cole. The whole thing had been hilarious.

The video finished and the next one slid onto the screen. It began in a backyard, the night sky spread out in the background. Fairy lights were hung everywhere and a little girl was standing on a chair, a knit blanket draped on her like a giant hood.