8

"UGH! I'm fat and I'm loving it." Casey groaned from beside me, three different take-out boxes laying on her stomach, the shadow of the TV in front of my bed flickering across her.

Nolan groaned from my other side, "I don't think I can possibly fit another potsticker into my stomach but I'm going to do it anyways." He ate three more.

I bursted out laughing, glancing between the two as I shoveled down another box of orange chicken and rice, "Are you guys serious?" I looked at Nolan, giving him a pointed look, "You're a football player and I'm still out eating you." I smirked, flexing my nonexistent arm muscles, "Girl power, am I right?"

"Hell yes, mama!" Casey squealed from my side, kissing my cheek.

Nolan rolled his eyes, "I'm working on getting a better ass. All that Chinese food and you'll be growing a belly while I'll grow an actual ass that you don't seem to have."

I slapped a hand over my chest, offended, "Excuse me?! I so do have a butt...it's... growing."

Nolan bursted out laughing, shaking his head at me, "That's not how it works, Em. You're either born with talented attributes, born with a good starting place for growing a butt, such as me, or, you just don't have one. And seeing as you have neither of the first two, well..." He gave my butt a pointed look, "I don't know what to tell you."

"Oh shut up." I laughed, shoving him playfully.

I mean, I of course I had a butt, it wasn't like my back just extended all the way down to the top of my thighs. I had a butt, but it just wasn't as prominent as Casey or, well, Nolan's—my butt still looked great in jeans though.

I was definitely on the skinnier side, packing lean muscle from running around all the time with the guys whereas Casey was skinny but had prominent curves and hips. As much as I whined about wanting a bigger behind and boobs, I was actually perfectly fine with the way I was, I mean, it definitely helped to be able to run and not have to worry about watermelons dancing on my chest.

After lunch, we had one last class before we were all making our way onto the field. There was nothing Coach, or, my dad, had to say to us besides the reminder that tryouts began tomorrow, which would be interesting because surprise, surprise, Kaden would be there tomorrow trying out for the team.

The guys were happy though, they said it was like old times.

Anyways, coach had let us out earlier so Casey, Nolan, and I had all made our way to my house where we ordered in and watched a bunch of cheesy shows that Casey loved to throw popcorn at the screen for.

We always had sleepovers like this, but I knew Nolan needed it the most today. It wasn't that Nolan couldn't handle himself, but he was always so scared of hurting someone else in the process of sticking up for himself.

Reaching across Casey who gave my Batman pajama bottoms a good smack, I set my takeout box down and sat back between the two. I looked at Nolan who sat beside me, "How are you, Nol?" I asked softly.

His throat bobbed but he never took his eyes from the TV screen, "Fine, I guess."

"Fine? Nolan, I know you're not fine. How do you really feel?"

He shrugged, running a hand through his dark red hair, "I don't know...hurt, sad, angry... How could she think that I'd ever cheat on her when we were together, I...I really did love her, as stupid as it sounds, and I know what you're going to say Casey, but I just saw her differently. Maybe I just wanted to see what I wanted..."