I don't know why, but I really feel bad for him. At the same time, I see him as a younger brother. Though, he said he's a year older than me. I have this feeling that I will protect him at all costs. No, I am not romantically attracted to him but I'll be there when he needs me.

"Like... this?" Clarkson asks. He sits on the floor. His lips purse, and his eyebrows furrow.

"Yes," I nod.

After class, Clarkson asked if he could come over to my place for another tutorial. While teaching him, I do my essay.

"George? Are you there?" I hear a familiar female.

Frowning, I walk my way to the front door. Stacey stands outside the apartment. She plays with some of the strands of her long hair. Her hair is tied up in a half bun, and the lower part of it was curled.

"H-hey," Stacey awkwardly greets me as soon as I open the door.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I'm... Uhhh," she hesitantly says. She shows me a small black purse.

"Close your eyes," Stacey commands.

"Is this okay?" Clarkson asks, showing his paper in front of me.

Slowly, I open my eyes and look at his drawing. I give him a thumbs-up and a smile.

"Yes, just add more shadow here," I say while pointing at the bottom side of the apple.

"Clark, move," Stacey commands. "Now, the lips."

How did we end up like this?

Stacey practices the makeup tutorial she learned from YouTube on my face. Clarkson waves his paper like a kid to ask if he's improving with his drawings. While I sit on the floor.

"It's like, I'm a single Mom with two kids," I blurt out.

"Yeah, you're my Mom," Stacey chuckles.

I'm still wondering why Stacey is here. She becomes so kind to me all of a sudden. I know I should be pushing Stacey away from me but there's something about her that felt very genuine from our time together when we were at the mall. She is very aloof but at the same time is looking for people she can trust.

Just like me.

I am not an anti-social person I just want some genuine people.

"What are you doing to Georgina, Anastasia?" Clarkson asks while tilting his head to the side. "You're painting her face?"

"It's Stacey," she says with diction. "I'm making her look beautiful," she answers.