19

Amy's pov

"Is he okay?" I asked Mark as he handed our child to the nurse on the other side of the room.

Mark walked over to me smiling.

"He is okay." He sat down on the bed with me. "That is the nurse that the guys found. She is the one who wants to stay here with us."

"Is he a mutant?" I held in the tears watching the nurse do the examine.

Mark helped me sit up so I can watch more.

"Everything is going to be okay, she is checking on him. Then she will be checking on you. I asked her to look you over to make sure that you are okay."

"I will be fine."

I am lying, my body hurts like hell. I just gave birth over a week ago in the bathtub. The other girls helped me out so much, I feel like shit because they cleaned the tub up from the birth.

"You're lying." Mark said low in my ear then kissed the side of my face.

"I hate that you can tell that." I buried my face into his chest as he held me.

"I love you so much, you are the strongest person that I know. You gave birth in a bathtub while I was gone. With no meds. Amy you are a rock star." He pulled me in for a long kiss.

"I love you too." I said.

We watched the nurse with our son.

"Have you picked a name?" She asked.

"Daniel." Mark said, "Before the world went to shit I had a really good friend named Daniel, he killed himself."

I cleaned the few tears that fell from Mark's eyes then kissed the side of his face.

"He will be so honored." I said.

"Well the good news is, the baby is healthy." The nurse said holding Daniel as she walked over to us.

"No Mutant?" I asked.

"Nope, I can't find any traces." She smiled.

"Thank god." Tears poured out of my eyes as Mark rubbed my back.

"He is going to be okay, and we will keep him safe." Mark said.

"Do you want to hold him again?" She asked.

"Yes." I said reaching for my son.

She gave him to me, he started to squirm but once he was fully in my arms he relaxed.

"Momma has you, and daddy is right here." I said low.

He looked up at us and smiled.

"Amy, I do want to check up on you." The nurse said.

"Okay." I gave Daniel to Mark who stayed on the bed with me.

She pulled out some strange gadgets from her bag.

"I stole some stuff, this is a portable X-ray machine. Before the world decided it wanted to force a purge, the medical world was working on a smaller x-ray machine that didn't require two people. When I found it in the lab I knew I had to take it."

"We have power here so if you need to turn it on." I said looking at an outlet.

"I already charged it." She smiled.

She powered it on and held it over my body. After a few minutes it's beeped.

"Okay, so I can see the X-ray that it just took on that little screen." She said, pulling out a tablet.