10

Mark's pov

"Is this food going to hold?" I asked as Sean turned onto the main road.

"No clue, but gas mask on."

I put my mask on as he put his on.

"How are you doing being away from Amy for this long?" His voice was muffled from the gas mask.

"Sucks ass, but this stuff here will help her. It will keep her alive."

We drove into heavy fog. It must be the gas, so dense that it will kill anyone and anything without protection.

"Yes, we are stupid for doing this, but we need too." He told me.

I nodded my head and thought of Amy. She needs me to be strong. Everything we are getting today will help her and our baby stay alive.

"Dude, this is not just a store." My eyes widened when I saw the Sam's club sign in front of us.

"I am not from here, dude." 

"Sam's club is a store where everything is in bulk!" I was so happy, the food and water were all caseloads!

"Sweet!"

Sean sped down the hill then parked in front of the back large doors.

"Keep your mask on." I said as I jumped out of the car. I took a gun with me, who knows what we will find in here.

Getting into the store was hard, we didn't want to break the glass, thankfully Sean knows how to pick locks.

"Don't ask." He said once we got in.

"Don't care, keep the mask on."  He handed me a flashlight.

I grabbed one of the flat bed carts and looked at the store in front of us. Everything is still there, it looks like when the world was starting to end no one thought to come here for anything.

"Food might be rotten." I said.

"That's okay, look at the air beds."

We went over and grabbed 10 of the beds, just in case one pops.

"Water, blankets, shit they have a pharmacy here." I looked at Sean.

"Let's split up, I will take the right side of the store, you take the left."

"Sounds good."

I went down the aisles. We don't need office shit but we do need pet food. I got a bunch of bags of pet food with two dog beds, then went down and got bleach and other cleaners. I had three flatbed carts filled with stuff, we need more. I got another flatbed cart and went down the baby row. I had half of the cart filled with diapers and formula when I felt a sharp tip slowly pressing in on my back.

"Hi." I said calmly.

"Why are you here?" A female voice said.

"I have a child on the way. The place we are living at is going to kick us out once they find out. They want us to abort and we can't. I need to make sure that they both are alive."

I felt the sharp tip slowly leave my back.

"I know that voice, turn around."

I slowly turned around to see a girl in her 20's looking at me.

"Holy shit, you're Mark."

"You must be a fan."

"Amy is?"

I nodded my head.

"You are breaking into our house, get what you have now and I will let you leave."