4

Mark's pov

I got in contact with Tyler and had him tell my boss and Amy's boss that we will not be working today.

"You need to get some sleep." I said rocking her in my arms.

She lifted her head off of my shoulder then said, "I can't sleep."

"I know, I am right here. He is going to have to get through me to get to you."

She buried her face into my chest.

"How about we go get something to eat."

She nodded her head but didn't move.

I picked her up carrying her down the steps.

"Mark." She whined.

"I'm here honey."

"I didn't tell everything that happened."

"Do you want to tell me?"

She nodded her head yes.

I sat down on the couch with her still in my arms.

****Flash back*******

Amy's pov

"Look at you go! You are a planting pro." Stacy said as I finished my last plot.

"Thanks, we had a little garden back before all of this happened. I would spend so much time planting anything I could find."

"I can't wait for us to get enough crops that we can have gardens at home, I miss having fresh Thyme and Basil to cook with."

"I can't wait for them to fix the power so I can use a light to get dressed with and don't have to worry about burning the house down with all of the candles."

"Yeah that will be nice too."

We both laughed to cover up the sadness.

"Did you hear that Mary Jo was told that she can not have a kid!" Megan said walking over to us.

"Wait, why?" I asked.

"Her husband inhaled some type of gas and it killed his sperm, he can't even make any."

I flashed back to Mark fighting for his life because those weird things that gassed him and Tyler.

"Amy, are you okay?" Megan asked pulling me away.

"Yeah, Mark was gassed and it's just that he passed. We have to wait to have kids though."

"He is lucky."

"Yeah." I gave a fake smile then got up to get more seeds.

"Do you need help with that?" A male asked as I lifted up a heavy box.

"Nah, I got it. Thank you though." I put the box on the ground then started to dig for the Tomato seeds in the bottom of the box.

"You have been here all day."

"Yeah, just picking up some extra hours."

"That's nice of you."

"I try." I had the seeds in my hand.

"When are you leaving?"

"Soon, I just need to plant the rest of these tomatoes. Soon we will have fields of food." I smiled.

"Your smile is so pretty."

"Thanks."

"Say, what are you doing later?"

"Going home, my boyfriend made me dinner." I counted the seed packs to make sure that I had grabbed enough.

When I looked up at him, there was a red tint in his eyes.