8

Mark's pov

I hate the idea of leaving Amy, but this site is paying a lot more than the other. This place is giving us tools and supplies to fix the house, and we are getting some clothes. Amy needs new clothes, she keeps sewing the holes everytime she finds a new one.

"You okay?" Matt asked as I zoned out.

"Yeah, just thinking." I said, walking to the ladder.

"Don't zone out up here."

"Yeah."

I got to the top of the wall and helped for the building. I had a safety harness on with some thin-ass strings holding me up. It didn't take long for us to get down with the wall since we have 10 guys working on it. When I jumped off of the ladder, I was pulled to a conversation at the main gate.

"I need to get in here." A male said.

"No can do, you don't have access in here." Billy and Mike were talking to him.

"You don't understand! This is important!" There was an accent to this person.

"I don't care, you don't have any papers."

"Look, just fucking let me in!"

"No fucking way." I said as I rushed to the gate.

"Hold back." Mike said to me but I blew him off.

"Sean? It that you?" I asked when I got closer. "Holy shit, you're alive." I pulled him in for a hug.

"I almost didn't make it, but I am here." He said when we let go.

"Same here, where the hell have you been?"

"Everywhere, but we need to go."

"I am working."

"You don't understand."

"Then tell me."

"It's Amy."

I threw my hard hat at Mike then pulled Sean making him run.

"This way." He said pulling me the right way to a golf cart.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"She will be, but right now we need to go off roading. This cart here is from a different group, there is no tracker in it." We went up a hill.

"Why are we going off roading? Why is Amy out here?"

My heart was pounding, I was trying to get a hold of my breath but it was almost impossible.

"Breathe, I will explain everything when we are there."

"Where is there?" I had to hold on, with him driving he is going to throw me out of the golf cart.

"An underground hospital, these people went to school for this."

"Why is she there?"

"I took her there, she passed out after saying that her stomach was on fire. These people are the best in the world, and that is saying a lot since there is not that many people here."

"How did you find her?"

"I was walking through town, I came on the bus this morning, as I was walking I heard her voice. She was yelling at some man, her back was facing him and her body was shaking. I stepped in and yelled at him. After a few minutes she noticed my voice, she ran to me and I held onto her. She told me that the guy attacked her and showed me her neck, before I could do anything Chica attacked him. She didn't hurt him too bad but I think he shit his pants for sure. I stayed with her for the rest of the day just incase he wanted to try again, a few hours later she looked really pale. She told me that the past week fews she hasn't said anything to you so you are not worried about her. She kept working but got really dizzy, she sat down then threw up everything in her system. I picked her up and rushed her to this place."