Chapter 33: Duel of Ideals!

Start from the beginning

"Xemnas! What are you doing here?!" Liam shouted as he summoned Severing Shroud, the Keyblade that was born from Blake's heart

"Xemnas! What are you doing here?!" Liam shouted as he summoned Severing Shroud, the Keyblade that was born from Blake's heart. "Well done Liam Nikos, as for what we are doing here. We are simply making the final preparations to plunge Remnant into Darkness. Soon Master Xehanort shall receive his new vessel!" Xemnas said as Liam tightened the grip on his Keyblade. "You think we're just gonna let you get away with it?!" Liam fires back as he sinks into a fighting stance, ready for another battle against the Organization leader.
                  "I already did battle with that insufferable king, even with my future self's Keyblade I was still unable to stand much of a chance." The hooded figure said as he looked at his own Keyblade. "Who are you?" Liam asked as the hooded figure laughed before pulling down his hood to reveal his face.

 "Who are you?" Liam asked as the hooded figure laughed before pulling down his hood to reveal his face

"I am Xehanort, or rather the younger version of the Xehanort your familiar with." Young Xehanort explained as he pointed what must have been the Keyblade Master's original Keyblade at Liam. The conversation was interrupted by a groan as everyone turned to look at Adam, who regained consciousness from the fight he was in.
              Adam looked up and saw Xemnas and Young Xehanort. "It's you two again! We had a deal, so are you going to help me kill this human or what?!" Adam shouted at the two robed figures. Young Xehanort pointed his Keyblade at Adam before charging dark energy on the end of it. "Very well I shall grant your wish." Young Xehanort said as he shot the dark energy at Adam as it entered his body. "We must be going now, farewell Liam Nikos." Xemnas said as both of them disappeared through a Dark Corridor. Liam turned to face Adam as dark energy surrounded him as he began to laugh. Adam began to morph as the dark energy turned him into a large Heartless that was ready to kill.

            The Bull Heartless snorted as it scraped its hoof on the ground before charging at Liam with a purpose

The Bull Heartless snorted as it scraped its hoof on the ground before charging at Liam with a purpose. Liam sidestepped the charge before slashing at the Heartless's back legs with Severing Shroud. The Heartless roared in pain, before quickly turning around before charging at Liam again. Liam grabbed onto one of the Bull Heartless's horns before kicking the monster in the face. The Bull Heartless was slammed into the ground as Liam took the opportunity to unleash attack after attack on the downed Heartless with his Keyblade before it got back on it's feet.
Liam jumped back as the Bull Heartless got back on it's feet as it's eyes glowed red. The Bull Heartless let out a roar as it began stomping and kicking. This caused dark energy waves to slide across the ground towards Liam. Liam jumped over the energy waves, but ended up getting rammed by the Bull Heartless. Liam was sent flying into the air, but he quickly recovered. "Okay this thing is tough, but definitely not as smart as Adam. I just need someway to put some distance between us." Liam said as Severing Shroud began to transform.
The Keyblade turned into a handle with a decorative Panther's head on the end. Out of the Panther's mouth was a whip that had fang shaped blades on it. "Well looks like I have a new strategy!" Liam said as he snapped the whip at the Bull Heartless as he fell to the ground. The blades on the whip cut into the monster as it let out a pained roar. Liam landed on the ground as the Bull Heartless charged at him again. Liam wrapped the whip around one of the monster's horns before pulling back, cutting it off in the process. Liam sidestepped the charge as the Heartless in it's pain ran into the colosseum wall.
"It's time to finish this!" Liam shouted as the whip swayed wildly around him. Liam sent the whip towards the Bull Faunus as it wrapped around the monster. The fang like blades dug into the Heartless's body. "Predatory Execution!" Liam shouted as he pulled the whip back as the whip's blades completely shredded on Heartless's body. Severing Shroud turned back into it's Keyblade form as Adam's body was once again in the ground collapsed. "How? How could I lose?" Adam said as he couldn't comprehend his own defeat at Liam's hands.
Liam dispelled his Keyblade before walking up to Adam. "You let your hatred and anger control your actions. True strength comes from being able to let go of those emotions and move forward." Liam said as Adam looked up at him. Adam let out a laugh as he looked down at the ground. "You beat me, yet I enjoyed our battle. I yield to you Liam Nikos." Adam said as he bows his head in defeat and respect for his opponent. Liam smiled as he offered his hand to Adam, who quickly stood up and pushed him down to the ground in one move.
Liam looked up to see Adam's body engulfed in flames as he turned to see Cinder Fall standing there with fire dancing in her palms. "More power, give me that heart of yours!" Cinder mumbles as she absorbs Adam's heart as she smiled. "Stop right there Cinder!" Liam shouted as he charged towards the criminal, but was stopped by a wall of flames that Cinder summoned. Liam looked around and saw that Cinder was nowhere to be found. Liam quickly turned around and rushed over to Adam's body, it was to late however Adam Taurus was dead.
"Dammit! Why?! Why did she show up?! Why did she kill Adam and take his heart?!" Liam shouted as he felt his blood begin to boil. Liam looked down at Adam's burnt body with sadness in his eyes. "You has the makings of a hero Adam Taurus, it's unfortunate you went down such a dark path." Liam said as he bowed his head in respect for Adam before getting back up and walking out of the colosseum. "Now we have to get ready for Organization 13's final stage. This is going to be one hell of an uphill battle!" Liam thought you himself as he didn't know how the situation could get much worse. Little did Liam know, his life would be thrown for a loop with the fast approaching final showdown with Organization 13.

So that was the duel between Liam and Adam! Now I'm hoping to keep up this momentum until I reach the final battle and epilogue of this story! Although Liam is still in for some surprises as the final battle approaches! What secrets will be revealed to Liam? What other dangers will he and Team KNDM face? What preparations are Organization 13 making? Find out in the next chapter of RWBY: Let Your Heart Be Your Guiding Key!