Chapter 15:Adopting a Dragon

Okay so last time Liam and the rest of Team KNDM were successful in their mission of retrieving the important cargo from the docks that the White Fang were guarding. Although why is this little girl Kaida so important?
Liam held the now sleeping Kaida in his arms as he and the rest of Team KNDM rode the elevator up to Ozpin's office. "The little runt's taking quite a liking to you huh Liam?" Zane said as he looked at the sleeping girl in his best friend's arms. "Yeah I just hope Ozpin can explain why the White Fang had Kaida locked up like they did." Liam states as the elevator finally reached Ozpin's office. "Ah Team KNDM I'm glad to see that you were successful in your mission." Ozpin said as he greeted his top team with a smile on his face. "Good you were able to obtain the asset." Liam turned as he glared at a certain General that was present in the office as well.

" Liam turned as he glared at a certain General that was present in the office as well

     "General Ironwood and Winter Schnee, to what do I owe this unpleasant surprise?" Liam spat out with venom dripping from each of his words

"General Ironwood and Winter Schnee, to what do I owe this unpleasant surprise?" Liam spat out with venom dripping from each of his words. "We are here to retrieve the asset you are holding, it is a very powerful weapon that would be very useful to the Atlas Military." Winter explained as Liam grit his teeth in anger at her words. "Asset? Weapon? It? SHE has a name you know, it's Kaida!" Liam growled as he glared at the two Atlas soldiers in pure rage. "The asset is a rare breed of Faunus, a dragon to be exact. Dragon Faunus were known for their incredible power and judging by your injuries you've experienced it first hand." Ironwood states as he glares at Kaida who had finally woken up.
                  Kaida buried her face in Liam's chest in fear of Ironwood. "P-Pwease d-don't make me go with him!" Kaida weeped out as she cried into Liam's chest. "That thing has no control over its power! It would be better to hand it over to Atlas so we can train it and put it to good use." Ironwood said coldly as he used his commanding tone on Liam. "Ozpin you can't agree with this right?" Liam said as he looked over at Ozpin who sighed in frustration. "I don't, but even other Faunus fear their dragon brethren so finding someone to take young Kaida would be impossible." Ozpin says grimly as he looks down at his desk.
            Liam could feel his rage spiking, if this kept up Anti-Form could come out at any moment. "That monster has no place in the world! It should be trained like the beast it is!" Ironwood roared as Liam finally had enough he could feel himself slipping into the darkness. Although gentle crying brought him back to his senses. "P-Pwease don't abandon me..... I-I'll be good..... I promise." Kaida spoke out as she continued to cry into Liam's chest. "Ozpin if someone was willing to adopt Kaida, would she not have to go with Ironwood to Atlas?" Liam asked in a calm voice as he regained his senses completely.
                "Yes Mr. Nikos That would prevent the need for her to go to Atlas." Ozpin said as he cracked as small smile, realizing what his top student was planning to do. Liam looked over his shoulder at Neo for confirmation before he went ahead with what he was planning. "Do it Hubby! I don't want Ironprick laying a hand on Kaida!" Neo's sign typed out as she gave him the thumbs up. "Well then it's settled, Professor Ozpin, I Liam Nikos will adopt Kaida." Liam states both strongly and proudly as he gives Ironwood a cocky smile. "Ozpin this is ridiculous! This boy can't possibly raise a child, much less a dragon Faunus!" Ironwood shouted as he looked over at Ozpin.
"Really? You of all people are going to judge my ability to raise a child, when all you see in Kaida is a weapon!" Liam growled as he protectively wrapped his arms around Kaida more. "If Mr. Nikos is willing to take on the task then I won't stop him. Besides I'm sure I could make special arrangements for him to juggle being a parent and a student at this academy." Ozpin said as he smiled at Liam and Neo, who smiled back. "Professor I'm sure there's something we could work out. Atlas would benefit tremendously from having the Asset join our ranks." Winter tried to reason, but found a Keyblade pointed at her.
"Okay first of all, HER name is Kaida and SHE is only three years old. I get Atlas is a military school, but what kind of sickos use a three year old as a soldier?" Liam questioned as he held his Keyblade level with Winter's nose. "Okay if that's how your going to be, then name your price. Atlas will pay any amount for the Asset." Ironwood states with a smug smile as he thought he had won. "No thanks I'd rather have Kaida." Liam said simply as Glynda places an adoption form on Ozpin's desk. Liam signs the paper without hesitation before he and Neo walked to the elevator. "Zane I'm sure you can handle things from here." Liam says as his best friend nods before getting ready to debrief Ozpin on both of their missions.
Liam and Neo walked back to their dorm as Kaida stayed silent for most of the walk. "Kaida do you know where your going?" Liam asked the little girl in his arms as she refused to make eye contact. "W-With t-the bad people because I'm a monster." Kaida said in a downcast voice as she tightened her hold on Liam. "No sweetheart, as of this moment your name is Kaida Nikos, mine and Neo's daughter! Also never think of yourself as monster, do I make myself clear young lady?" Liam said as Kaida looked Liam in the eyes as tears formed in the corner of her eyes. "T-Thank you daddy!" Kaida wailed as she buried her face in Liam's chest as he stroked her back in order to calm her down.
               Kaida looked over at Neo before reaching her arms out towards her. "Mommy!" Kaida said happily as Neo gently took her from Liam's arms as she snuggled against her chest. Liam and Neo entered the dorm, only to be greeted by Pyrrha and Diane standing there waiting for them. "Big Brother! Professor Ozpin told us about the two missions your team went on! Are you okay?!" Pyrrha shrieked as she pulled Liam into a bone crushing hug. "Yeah I'm fine little sis, mom I didn't know you were still here." Liam said as Diane stepped forward and pulled her son into a hug of her own. "I was worried about you sweetheart so I decided to stay close by, also the festival is coming up and I'd like to see you and Pyrrha compete!" Diane said as she gave her son a kiss on the cheek.
               Diane and Pyrrha both finally notice Kaida in Neo's arms and are a bit surprised by a young child being present at the school. "Liam, sweetheart who is that child?" Diane asked in confusion as she pointed at Kaida, who buried her face in Neo's chest in fear at being noticed. Liam took a few deep breaths before deciding on how he was going to explain. "Mom, Pyrrha this is Kaida Nikos, mine and Neo's adopted daughter. We rescued her on our last mission, she's only three, but Ironwood wanted use her as a weapon for Atlas." Liam explained as he waited for his Mom and sister to freak out.
                "Oh and here I thought I would have to wait a few more years for grand babies!" Diane said happily as she smiled at her son and his girlfriend. Liam and Neo both erupted into crimson blush at Diane's words as Pyrrha laughed at their expressions. "M-Mom what the hell?! We're still in school!" Liam stuttered out as Diane and Pyrrha chuckled at Liam and Neo's reaction. "Oh come now Liam, I'm sure you and Neo share a bed at least?" Diane said with a cheeky grin as Liam and Neo blushed once again. "Anyway would like to meet Kaida?" Liam asked in hopes of changing the subject. Diane and Pyrrha both nodded before slowly approaching the couple.
Liam gently took Kaida from Neo's arms and approached his mom and sister. Kaida once again buried her face in Liam's chest as she was two scared to look at Pyrrha and Diane. "Kaida, sweetheart this is my mother Diane, your grandmother." Liam said as he gestured to Diane who gave the shy girl a small wave. "The girl in the armor next to her is my sister Pyrrha, she's your aunt." Liam said as Kaida gave Pyrrha a shy smile that Pyrrha returned. "H-Hello Nana, Auntie! I-It's nice to meet you!" Kaida stuttered our meekly as she did her best to look at them.
"Help there sweetheart! Don't worry about being shy, just take your time to get used to us, alright?" Diane said in a gentle voice as she gave Kaida a reassuring smile. Kaida gave her own weak smile in return as she felt a little better. Suddenly the group heard a loud growling as they all looked at Kaida. "S-Sowy I-I'm hungry." Kaida stuttered our as she looked down in embarrassment. "That's okay sweetheart! Let's go to the kitchen and get you something to eat!" Neo's sign types out as it floated in front of Kaida who smiled and nodded at the idea. With that the family entered the kitchen and got the young dragon Faunus something to eat.

Okay so now Liam and Neo have officially adopted Kaida as their daughter! Although how will Liam's classmates and teachers react to him and Neo having a child? Will this cause problems with certain people? Will Kaida be able to stay calm? Find out in the next chapter! Also I hope your excited about Kaida like I am!