36 / Underground Bid

"We shouldn't have watched that movie." Baekhyun mumbled. The sun had descended into the horizon and the team - minus Mark, Yuqi, Taemin and Jisung - had set out on their next mission. 

"Taeyong suggested it." Lucas grumbled, rubbing his eyes. They were darkened and sank to his cheekbones. It was not a pretty sight to see them so exhausted.

"I didn't know we'd be going on a mission the very next day!" Taeyong hissed. "Ten, just erase the memory!"

"Can't use my powers for unnecessary desires." Ten shrugged, earning wails from his peers. "It was just a movie. Relax."

"Based on a true story!"

Kai's brows furrowed through his binoculars. The lights in the building across them had flickered for an hour. With each flash of light, he saw stretcher after stretcher get pushed down the floor. There were two people around each stretcher, wearing blue scrubs.

He pressed a small button and shuttered, switching the colour to green. The bodies in the stretchers had no heat signature. Weird. Every human was supposed to have one. He needed to see what was going on. Baekhyun was obviously going to make a plan - he was doing it at that moment - but Kai didn't have time for that. 

He set the binoculars on the edge of the roof and stepped back. He had done this before. No biggie. But that was in a virtual simulator. As accurate as it was, Kai couldn't find it within himself to trust it. Now, he had to rely on himself and his powers.

He took a deep breath and sprinted to the edge of the roof and jumped.

"...in from right–" Baekhyun groaned, seeing his teammate had gone. "This child– scratch that, guys. We're improvising. Lucas and Taeyong, you're up for monitoring. Ten and I will go in and get the Oracle. Afterwards, we get to Kai before we accidentally blow up another building."

"Your fault." Taeyong muttered. "Don't involve us. We weren't even there." His eyes flashed icy blue and he turned to the building in front of them. He squinted and moved closer to the edge. Ten handed Taeyong the pair of binoculars and put on his mask.

"You see him?" The telepath asked. Taeyong nodded. "He's close to the open window."

"There's people in there who don't have heat signatures." Kai muttered into their in-ears. They heard him grunt. "There's no other way to get to them fast enough."

"Where are you?" Lucas asked.

"Look at the building." Baekhyun and Lucas squinted their eyes and gasped. Kai hung on the edge of the building with one hand. With a small swing, he pushed his arm up and pulled his body closer to the open window.

He pushed his feet against the thick window - distancing himself from the building - and disappeared into thin air before returning a metre above the open window. He held onto the edge and landed in the opening. He took a few shaky steps inside, turned around and nodded before running out of the room. 

"Get in." He said. "I'll send you the blueprints."

"You heard him." Baekhyun sighed. "Let's get going."

-

"I need to steal Ten's clothes." Taeyong laughed as he ironed out his grey silk dress shirt. Lucas merely hummed.

"What's up with you?" His teammate shrugged and turned away. He handed Taeyong a large black overcoat and sauntered through the entrance.

As far as he was, Taeyong managed to hear him say: "Trust your intuition. And improvise."