2 / Have You Tried It?

"Hey." Lee Taemin softly smiled as he opened his arms for Kai to crash into. The blonde wheezed as he felt Kai's grip tighten, along with his insides touching and rapidly patted on the younger's back, feeling his eyes dilate.

The light pats from Taemin's left hand got harder and harder while the strong grip on Kai torso from the right hand, got lighter and lighter. Kai soon realised that he was slowly killing his best friend and immediately removed his arms from Taemin's waist.

When was the last time he saw Taemin? It had been quite long. Not years, but months on end. The unknown incident, along with his disappearance affected Kai and he didn't really know what his friend was thinking.

He had never done as bad as going MIA for a year. He didn't leave a note or a message other than saying he'd be fine. He'd be alright for more than a year, not contacting any of his friends or relatives? That was not right.

Taemin gasped for air and fell to his knees, panting as if he participated in a marathon. "Di-did you work out more or am I getting weaker?" Kai lightly chuckled and scratched the back of his neck.

"Sorry." He gave a hand to Taemin. The blond reached and strongly gripped his hand and pulled himself up with a small grunt.

"Okay." Mark dragged in after the scene subsided. "How about, like, you go to that booth over there and decide what to eat?" He pointed to a large booth, away from windows, that could seat eight people.

"Eat?" Taemin's face lit up. "That's wonderful! I'm starving!" He ran to the booth, not after taking a menu from Taeyong. The rest followed and joined the blonde in the booth. Mark and Taeyong walked to the others with notepads in hand, ready to take the incoming orders.

"Can't we just order everything?" Kai asked, close to drooling while looking at the menu.

"You can, if you have the money." Mark replied, with a light chuckle. "But, like, I suggest you don't."

"Please don't." Taeyong sighed.

-

After a short murmur of agreement, the five men sitting in the ten seater booth order their own personal meals and Taeyong and Mark went to the kitchen behind the counter and started cooking the meals (more like Taeyong cooking and Mark making the drinks).

As Mark topped a frappe with caramel and whipped cream, a thought pondered in his mind.

How did they all go through the same situation at the same time and end up meeting in this very establishment? How did they all - minus Taemin - get wrongfully accused of betraying their friends around similar times and choose to run off to the US?

"It's weird." He mumbled out loud. Taeyong looked away from the cooking burger patty and rested his chin on his shoulder, averting his eyes to the back Mark's head.

"What's weird?" The blue haired man asked as he placed the cooked patty on the bun. He placed some tomatoes and lettuce on top, then topped the burger with the top bun. He walked to the fryer, which contained, what was once frozen fries, and removed them and shook out the excess oil.

"How we all had similar reasons to immigrate and how they all just rocked up in here around the same time." Mark put the Frappe on the tray, along with the other five drinks then stood next to Taeyong. He quickly backed away as hot oil sprang out. "What do you want to drink?"

"Cappuccino. Decaf." Mark raised an eyebrow. "I'm not having another sleepless night." The brunette hummed and prepared the beverage. "I mean, hot chocolate's a good idea but go ahead and consume that small percentage of caffeine."